New member from the United States

Hello all:

New member…I live in Pennsylvania, about 45 miles northwest of Philadelphia.

I have been flying drones for five years now, mostly around the Philadelphia area and in my hometown of Pittsburgh.

I visited Scotland in 2018 and am coming back in May. I am looking forward to coming with my drone (Mavic Air 2) and catching the scenery this time around!

Thank you for offering this excellent site…already I am finding it a very helpful resource for planning flights while I am over here. I want to enjoy myself but also fly safely and while bothering as few people as possible.

If anyone is ever planning on going to the States, I am happy to share what I know about where you can fly here.

Thanks again for his great site!

13 Likes

Hi @Jeemie jon welcome to the club.

Welcome aboard @Jeemie we have quite a few Scottish members that will be only too glad to help you out with flying locations when the time comes, but in the meantime you should check out Dronescene to see where other members have already flown, many also list handy TOAL spots. Depending on your membership level you can also have access to different interactive layers to see where it is safe (or not) to fly, along with any flight restriction zones, notams etc. As you have an air 2 I would also suggest having a look at Good2Go and filling in the details. It will tell you if you can legally fly your your craft in certain areas. Both have been developed by our wonderful team at GADC. Give us all a shout when you want to start planing your itenerary.

Hi Jon @Jeemie and welcome to GADC :+1: :+1:

Hello Jon, welcome to Grey Arrows! Hope you have a great trip to Scotland in May, we are back there in April, then again in June and probably again in October… Can’t wait :slight_smile:

Welcome from this side of the pond.

We flew into Philly and stayed overnight for our connection to DC, nice place.

Like what’s been said there’s a few Members in scotland, beuatiful part of the country.

Welcome again :clap:

Welcome @Jeemie. I did a bunch of work a couple of years ago in Lancaster County, but only went to the airport in Philly and my son-in-law is a software developer at Sky TV here in the UK, but did a collaborative project that took him to Comcast in Philadelphia on and off for about a year.

I was in Utah last week and had planned to take the drone but a) it was a bit chilly and b) I ended up not having much free time. Next trip, I’ll seek out your advice.

Scotland’s great and between Drone Scene and those on here who fly there regularly, you should get everything you need!

welcome to the nut house :vulcan_salute: