New memory card

Agree with you Chris. Get the fastest you can.
On You Tube, 501 Drones, has a great short video explaining all the different symbols used on memory cards, and which is best for our use.

Oh right cheers, I’ll have a look at that. :+1:

Hi All
I went out in the bacvk garden yesterday to check a few things with the drone, took a few short videos to check gimble pitch etc came back and put the sd card in a not so good reader but the card went in way further than it should have done, so had to prise open the card reader and inthe process broke the card in half. Yeah yeah all have a laugh…Do I get a plonker badge for that?
So I ordered two of these

They have a higher write speed than the standard Extreme Pro.

I moved your post over here since the subject of the other thread was rather specific to largest size usable in the MP

1 Like

Also - that item is out of stock. :wink:

That reminds me…

I forgot to say, @SkyJumper I split one of your other topics a couple of days ago too: Slow sd card - #20

(As that thread was related to the speed of the SD card, not the size)

Please fire up a new thread for new questions :+1:t2:

1 Like

@OzoneVibe, yeah maybe I got the last ones, but the point of showing it was more to do with the card, it is faster than the standard Extreme Pro.

@PingSpike
Yeah I noticed you had done that, its ok by me and I will start a new thread for further questions.

The Sandisk reference they quote does not tie into the picture they show or specs they quote.

Search for SDSQXCY064GGN6MA on the Sandisk site give you this page.

This is the card I have ordered

Sorry not sure how you grabbed that image, so the above is a screenshot

I found it from the Sandisk reference they quoted, and used the Sandisk site’s search.

OK, but I don’t get the point you are trying to make

That what you receive may not be what you think you are buying.

It would worry me when they quote a full SanDisk reference that doesn’t tie into the photos/specs they are showing.

OK well I get the point, you think it may be a fake

1 Like

It may not be the correct spec - whether it’s fake or not, or whether they made a mistake with specs/reference, I can’t tell … obviously.

Lets see, the seller has more than 240000 transactions with a 99.9% positive feedback, so they would have a lot to lose by sellling fake cards. I do take this sort of thing into account when buying on ebay, I avoid any seller that has less than 1000 transactions. Having said that I have been caught out before, Sandisk were very helpful in identifying fake cards.

I haven’t said it’s fake!
I’ve only pointed out that things don’t tie together - which could be a clerical error.
Time will tell.

Phil @SkyJumper
Have bought from Picstop ebay shop on 4 previous occasions.
You will have no trouble with them at all, I am sure you will receive the correct card, if not, you won’t have any problems with them if you wish to return or obtain the correct one.
As Dave states, most likely a typo on the listing.
Let us know when it arrives,

1 Like

Mick @mickydd
Yeah I am sure they are a reliable seller, thats why I picked them, there were other sellers a bit cheaper but with less than 100 transactions, so I avoid them. I’m sure they will be fine, I’ll have a close look and let you know.
Take care

I thought this might be of some interest following the thoughts my new Sandisk cards may be fake, so here are couple of photos that may help.

So the lower one is obviously the fake as I put a big cross on it, but if you look closely you can see the real one has an almost glitery ans textured surface whereas the lower one has a smooth plain surface. If you look at the printing, it is very crisp and well defined on the top whereas the fake is not clear and defined.

The above picture of the back shows quite an obvious difference between the two. the one on the left is the fake one. Sandisk don’t put the CE symbol on any of there cards, and they don’t make any of their cards in Taiwan. The card on the right is the real Sandisk, it has what looks like a label which is textured and shows a number and then MADE IN CHINA, which is where they are all made.

I hope this may help, unfortunately I dont have the packageing for the fake card, but all the print should be crisp and well defined. The print of the Etreme PRO in gold and embosed. The plastic holding the adapter and card has a peel of plastic film, some of the fakes are not like this.