New memory card

Mick @mickydd
Yeah I am sure they are a reliable seller, thats why I picked them, there were other sellers a bit cheaper but with less than 100 transactions, so I avoid them. I’m sure they will be fine, I’ll have a close look and let you know.
Take care

I thought this might be of some interest following the thoughts my new Sandisk cards may be fake, so here are couple of photos that may help.

So the lower one is obviously the fake as I put a big cross on it, but if you look closely you can see the real one has an almost glitery ans textured surface whereas the lower one has a smooth plain surface. If you look at the printing, it is very crisp and well defined on the top whereas the fake is not clear and defined.

The above picture of the back shows quite an obvious difference between the two. the one on the left is the fake one. Sandisk don’t put the CE symbol on any of there cards, and they don’t make any of their cards in Taiwan. The card on the right is the real Sandisk, it has what looks like a label which is textured and shows a number and then MADE IN CHINA, which is where they are all made.

I hope this may help, unfortunately I dont have the packageing for the fake card, but all the print should be crisp and well defined. The print of the Etreme PRO in gold and embosed. The plastic holding the adapter and card has a peel of plastic film, some of the fakes are not like this.

FFS!! I NEVER SAID FAKE!!! I specifically said I was NOT saying fake!
You really are being totally crass!

I also moved your post to the correct thread - since you again posted to the wrong thread.

@OzoneVibe
This was not meant to be a dig at you whatsoever, I am sorry that you took it this way, so please forgive me. Maybe I should have said there was some doubt over the labelling of the card.

My intention is only to help others like myself who ended up with fake cards.

Again please accept my appologies, I didn’t intend any to offend anyone.

NOBODY was suggesting it was fake. Only you kept introducing “fake” into the conversation.

Whether it’s me or anyone else, it is seriously bad form to accuse others of having insinuated what they specifically were not saying.

So it’s fake then :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

@OzoneVibe

I think these quotes question the legitimacy of the cards and you used the word fake as I had used in the previous post.

I have not intended to offend anyone here on GADC, please forgive me if I have.

Please read what I said and repeated … that I was ONLY questioning if the blurb tied into the specific card advertised, since the Sandisk reference they quoted did not.

As I said at the time - it could be a clerical/typo error.

It was most specifically you that used “fake” at the time, to which I specifically responded that I wasn’t inferring that at all.

1 Like

Does anyone know where I can buy fake cards?

Why fake cards?.
If you are looking for ones for your Mavic, I WOULD NOT EVEN GO THERE!.
Mavic drones (all of them) need very fast cards, I personally would go for the Sandisk Extreme (red & gold) they have never given me any problems.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-Extreme-microSDHC-Adapter-Performance/dp/B06XWMQ81P/ref=sr_1_5?crid=3CMELCKZQEDP8&keywords=sandisk+extreme+pro+32gb&qid=1566062663&s=gateway&sprefix=sandisk+extreme%2Caps%2C163&sr=8-5

Sorry about that Chris, @chrisjohnbaker, it was supposed to be a joke after all the stuff which came before my comment.

1 Like

Serves me right for not reading the posts before yours !.
I should be the one to apologise.