New Strobe by Lume Cube

1 Like

I love my lump cubes, increases my line of sight. Which is good for my eyes.

The Lume Cubes do weigh a bit, though, and make the front props quite inefficient.
I’ve found that in a hover the front props are running significantly faster

I’ve not bought the Lume Cubes for LoS (but for another project), I have a pair of Strobons for improving visibility that have no impact on the airflow and prop efficiency
The Lume Cubes are rather directional for assisting with LoS … unless they’re pointing straight at you.

2 Likes

But my Mavic Air wouldn’t fit in its bag with one of them beasts on it :slight_smile:

Can you get them in this country, if so where?

They only announced that they were making them yesterday!!!
Give them a chance!

1 Like

Oh ok, fair enough. I would certainly consider getting a couple.

Hi

Has anyone tried these strobe lights, not really for night but to help increase VLOS, the white one could be put on the top to help avoid collisions.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lightweight-Drone-DIY-LED-Lights-Flash-Strobe-Lamp-Night-Flight-For-DJI-Mavic/254002990942?hash=item3b23c20f5e:g:NuAAAOSwcnZb~l3R

They look very “gimmicky”, to me.

Even in comparison to the Lume Cube ones, I’d still go with the Flytron strobes. Proven, damned bright, smaller … can be attached without affecting folding of arms or needing larger case (and discount for full GADC members :wink:).

OK, I’ll look at those, what is the discount code. Where would you put one on the bottom of the MP?

Use the search for Strobon, or Flytron, you should find out everything about them.

There are probably as many ways of attaching as there are members that have them.

My preferred method … means they stay on permanently and arms fold ok.

The #members-only category for all discounts.

They look really good in the link you gave, I was thinking of putting a red and green on the front and a white or two on the back. Would they still give some anti collision benefit being on the botttom?

I’m not interested in anti-collision. I’ve been up to 12,000 ft in my paraglider, but I still don’t wear strobes (nor do I need to).
Nobody should be low enough to collide with you, and chances are if they are they still won’t see your drone.
And in any case, the odds are they’ll miss your drone even if they were trying to collide with it.

I have them purely for regaining LoS if I look away. And for that they are invaluable.

2 Likes

With what? How high are you flying Phil? :thinking:

I’m pretty sure any manned vehicle wouldn’t / be able to / take evasive action anyway?

1 Like