Newbie in Leamington, Warwickshire

Hi,

I joined the forums a week or so ago, with no drone, but now I own a Mavic Pro.

My first flight was on Saturday, mainly slow and close to familiarise myself with the controls.

I’m keen to meet other flyers, so Ill keep an eye out for meet-ups around and about The Midlands.

Here’s a silly snippet from my first day out. It looks a lot faster and closer than it really was! I’m pretty sure I have accidentally done something in the editing to speed it up! :rofl: Lots more practice required, both flying and editing.

5 Likes

Hi David / @DMZer0 , and welcome to GADC.

Plenty of other members with the Mavic Pro who’ll be happy to offer assistance if ever you need any. Ask away over on #questions-and-answers. :+1:

If you haven’t already, take a look at the Map of Members and you’ll see there are a few other members in your neck of the wood.

(Thanks for having added yourself to that map! :+1:

Also, if you’ve not seen it, check out our map of places where members have flown in the past … which, obviously, doesn’t necessarily mean they are still OK to fly and, as always, any pilot needs to check that everything’s OK before flying at any of them.

Welcome. Always up for a meetup if im free. I’m in coventry but mobile. I aint that good a flyer but learning fpv.

1 Like

Seems to be quite a few of us in the Midlands, A few of us get together quite regularley.

1 Like

Hi David welcome to the gang
Enjoy your stay and there’s always someone up for a meet always helps to have another pair of eyes and help learn settings

Welcome from sunny Wales.

1 Like

A few of us meet up over Nuneaton/Bedworth way, with the odd day trip, more than welcome to join us. Check out my you tube channel you’ll see where weve been. My filming aint the best but i’m on a learning curve. Miles means smiles.

@Markb1604 were all on a learning curve
Steven Spielberg didn’t get good overnight its took a couple of days :crazy_face:

Are there any club meet ups etc?
I live in Alcester.

3 Likes

Nice pad you’ve got there !!.
Mind if we pop in for tea !

4 Likes

I go up to ilmington (south Warwickshire) quite often…

1 Like

Must check it out. Any quiet common ground there?

Yeah, the Cotswolds…a lot of space to get away from people. Especially early in the morning

1 Like

Hi, I’d be really interested to know where you fly around illmington as I live in shipston on Stour and desparate to find somewhere to fly my phantom 4 pro.

Yes! Today up by the masts…

Oh and Warwick Castle!

1 Like