Newbie near Newcastle Upon Tyne

Hi there,

I am an absolute beginner to drones and was hoping someone may be able to give me some ideas of good, safe places to fly that are not too far from Newcastle Upon Tyne.

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks

Michael

1 Like

First stop would be dronescene.co.uk. Not only does it have places people have flown, also has satellite view option and measuring tool letting you look for open space and check distance to buildings, roads, etc.

1 Like

Thanks very much. Will have a good look through it.

Howay and welcome to GADC.

As above take a look at DS, otherwise do a youtube search for Newcastle Drone, I’m sure there will be lots around you.

Not sure whereabouts in the Toon you are, but the coast shouldn’t be too far away

I’ve had a little look at the website and a few of the places on there make sense to go too. I will have a look on YouTube as well, thanks. I live about 4 miles from Tynemouth so really mid way between there and Newcastle which hopefully should give me lots of options.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=tynemouth+drone

If you’re flying for fun, don’t assume all the sites people fly from on YouTube are OK to fly from :joy:

That’s a fair point. I was wondering about a few of the shots along the Tyne near the bridges and wasn’t sure about them. I think I need to just get out and keep it simple, safe and legal.

Thanks