Newbie to the world or drones - Selsey in West Sussex

Hi

I’m from Selsey in West Sussex. Just got my first drone (Mavic Mini) - just for fun!

Can anyone able to offer guidance on safe places to fly without upsetting anyone?

Had a little play in the garden but now want to try somewhere where I can really unleash its potential.

Cheers
Dave

1 Like

Hi and welcome.

I’m sure one of the Mod team will be around soon to say Hi officially.

Check out https://dronescene.co.uk/ for places near to you, log in with your GADC credentails.

Any questions don’t be afraid to ask

1 Like

Hi Dave, I’m only a few miles from you by air, a lot further by road - Hayling Island, down by the lifeboat station. If you fly on Wittering beach we can shout across to one another :slight_smile:

The first thing you need to do is to look at the Dronescene map which shows the places where it is not legal to fly, the places that are and many sites flown and reported on by GADC members. Your GADC login is the login for Dronescene.

Then you can get into the complex areas of local bylaws, landowners perception of what they own, public opinion and Facebook experts.

If you have found somewhere you think is interesting, tried to find whether there are any restrictions and been unsuccessful - ask in here. The good news is that there seem to be few restrictions other than the usual built up areas and the beach is Crown property - they are drone tolerant!

1 Like

Welcome BeerMonster.