Newcastle cityscape point - Added to Everything Else in North East

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission requirements unknown.

This is a useful spot for some good cityscape photography, with Newcastle Central Station, the castle, the Tyne bridges, and the Sage Gateshead all within filming range, while keeping a well-lit small drone well within VLOS range.

There are 2 DJI geo-zones nearby: St. James Park, and HMS Caliope (riverside).

TOAL – W3W: ///feared.crash.horses - there is limited free parking nearby but it’s probably easier to use public transport to the station and walk from there.

The TOAL point is between 2 operational rail lines, as well as being close to Newcastle castle, the high-level bridge, a pub, a hotel, Moot Hall (law courts), and a car park, so be aware of ground hazards.
To make life more interesting, also watch out for seagulls, which seem to be magnetically attracted to small drones with flashing lights…

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 24/07/2023. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

Here’s another shot taken from the same TOAL point.

I added a couple of Flytron Strobon Crees (1 red + 1 green, purchased using a valuable member discount thanks to GADC…!) to my trusty mini 3 pro, and found that I could easily keep the drone in view and tell it’s orientation…