NFZ & GEO?

Hi
Is the unlock of NFZ different too GEO zone ?
Thanks in advance

Depends on what you mean by NFZ ? I’m guessing we are talking the made up DJI stuff ?

My Nfz is unlocked and I was flying in a field and I wasn’t far from a water wrks as I got closer it said about geo ( not Nfz ) I’ll try find a screen shot it told me to rth :smile:

This sort of explains it

To get proper freedom from your bird, maybe take a look at Drone-Hacks, and do away with DJI telling you where you can and can’t fly

2 Likes

Thinking out loud, were you close to the Madejski Stadium ?

1 Like

Thanks for that - I’m already with drone hacks - am I doing somthing wrong :thinking:
Thanks

Yes ( the stadium ) that was ok it was when I went in the opisite direction to Thames water STW ( sewage treatment works ) which is in the middle of no where

1 Like

My signal dropped aswell

1 Like

If you have a paid licence for your bird, you ‘should’ be able to remove the need to have to unlock anything.

What drone and firmware are you on ?

2 Likes

MA2
Can’t remember the firmware but the one it rolled me back too - when aircraft is on and I go in my app it says unlocked till 2030 or somthing ( when bird is powered on ) when not on in the app it shows nothing - in all fairness I only ever done D H for the better signal but just wondering what that’s all about - do I need too do somthing I don’t no lol
Thanks

Oh sorry it does say unlocked and the toggle is on blue

I think even though you have the unlock certificate the DJI fly app will still warn you, but wont stop you

Like when you go above 120m

2 Likes

Ahhhh that’s what I did think tbh
Thanks

1 Like

As long as you have followed this all should be ok

2 Likes

What me officer, never

3 Likes

That’s what’s in my app wen drone is on exactly that but that little arrow to the right of the toggle you click that it kicks you off the app

1 Like

Lol
The 2 weeks ago ish I done the hack I actually lifted the ceiling and Nfz before I put in fcc as I didn’t know what I was doing :person_facepalming:t2:

That’s the one I’m on

As @Sparkyws says and your screenshots have shown, you have the hack installed, you are good to fly within a 27,000km circle of here

2 Likes