NFZ near airports to be extended to 5km on 13th March 2019

If you link your profile to them, yes, but not by default.

I found this posted somewhere else, not sure if it has been posted here yet.
http://www.nats-uk.ead-it.com/public/index.php%3Foption=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=6&Itemid=13.html?fbclid=IwAR2qCmdsF3tLGP_NTXaZQSFqeHAL6bL8tp9n3XuCaW_Lh9bHi3Zs0Qecazk

Thatā€™s good. I did think you might be about to lose your favourite place to fly.

Will be interesting if DJI Geo Fence the new 5km restricted zones in total or allow self authorisation as they do now outside of the critical areas?

Again could be an issue at present I get permission from RAF Brize Norton ATC to fly in the local park, this could stay , however would you be breaking the new law by flying in the 5km zone?

This is UK law ā€¦ DJI canā€™t provide authorisation to break it.

Whatever they do to match it (which may be limited), you would still need CAA authorisation to fly in the new zones. Even the airport ATC wonā€™t be able to authorise.

Have a look at the following linkā€¦ It has good images of how the 5km extends along the pan handles from the end of each runway.

Flock Blog - Drones & Airports

Thereā€™s also NATS own Google Maps link. Horseā€™s mouth, and all that. :wink:

NATS Google Maps Link

If you are flying a craft under 7kgā€¦ You can fly in controlled airspace. You just need to follow the drone code and be safe and sensible about flying. You also need to make sure that there are no other restrictions in the area that you want to fly.

From the new drone code:
**It is illegal to fly any drone at any time within these restricted zones unless you have permission from air traffic control at the airport or, if air traffic control is not operational, from the airport itself.

Iā€™ll find the link that I read earlier that contradicted that,

Just shows how itā€™s all been done in a rush!

I was also confused by the Heathrow red zone which extends way beyond the no fly zone but someone pointed out to me that te red areas in the NATS app are the airspace and for that I understood the portion of the skies where you are likely to find commercial aircraft, I.e. way above 400 ft

I am well aware but if pc plod uses this app as a guide then he could feel your collar so to speak (your nicked my son)
Donā€™t forget we know they donā€™t prime example all the false reports and public disapproval