Night camera test

I love the way you still get the detail in the sky. Any idea what shutter speed that was?

1 Like

f/2.8, 1/2 sec, ISO 6400

Nice 'n sharp.

1 Like

And not much noise.

The non-drone pic was taken on my Panasonic G9. I’ve been impressed with the lack of noise in the mid-range ISOs.

1 Like

This was from 5 sec images.

… although compressing to keep below the GADC 50mb has introduced some compression artefacts.

2 Likes

A single frame original image.

2 Likes

Thats an awesome video! What comet is that?

2 Likes

C/2020 FE Neowise.

There’s a few more on Time-Lapse videos - #50 by OzoneVibe

1 Like

That is amazing. Well done. Is there a special Neowise Comet badge?

1 Like

Nope. :frowning:

You must have had some good sighting up north where you are … and with darker skies.
(Although night skies not so dark in summer.)

Just taken a look. They are fascinating! I love the one where it goes from day through to night when you see the stars appearing :+1:t2:

1 Like

Thanks … that takes so much editing of each image to smooth out the many exposure changes. (some the wrong way, accidentally)

1 Like

During that comet’s visibility, my poor G9 took just over 15 thousand time-lapse images. LOL!

1 Like

Sadly there were so many cloudy skies when it was around. I only remember one when I was just going to bed and couldn’t be arsed to get the drone or the telescope out.

1 Like

Yeah - it was very north and around at very antisocial hours. I had about 9 all-night sessions … some clouded beyond use.

That good night I thought" nah, I’ll get it tomorrow and set up nice and early" and it never happened again.

I managed to get it several times over almost a month.

1 Like