Noob from Norfolk

Hi Chris,

Thanks so much for your time and patience yesterday - a great introduction to using the drone and some good examples of what can be achieved using it…

We were lucky to have a beautiful day, with little wind…

…and, as you said, the number of take-offs equalled the number of landings - something my flying instructor used to drill into me as being the most important statistic in flying… :smile:

I’m now going to get some hours in getting used to controlling the drone - and getting the settings fine-tuned, before no doubt pestering you again for some more advice on the more advanced aspects we discussed - and that I want to start using when I travel.

Once again, thanks so much for your time - it was a great morning.

Best wishes,

Mike :+1:

3 Likes

Thanks @MikeO and @PaperCrane for the vote of thanks from a grey haired ole
f art !.
Glad I could be of help to you both in your journey to the dark side !.
Anytime I can be of help, you know where I am !.
I think we may have to Form a special “Norfolk Drone Society” !!.
Better still “The NDR” (Norfolk Drone Relics), not the Northern Distributor Road !!!

2 Likes

Pictures look great Mike by the way !!
Polarising Filter would have made a lot of difference

1 Like

Great stuff Mike.
Great to have a second set of eyes watching and helping as you start out; sure you’ve gained a load of confidence after the maiden flight!

Take it easy and here’s to summer…
Cheers
Ian

1 Like

Well done guys, fantastic community effort :smiley: :+1:

1 Like

My Pleasure Fellow Flyers, let hope for a great Summers Flying !!!

Hi @sparkman999,
Put me in the loop when you are in the area !, always nice to meet up with fellow drone aficionado’s !.
You are right some great flying up that way, Have to be careful of Holkham Hall though (NT Property).
But great places to fly (if you only look !) Great around Wells-Next-Sea (from the town out along the spit of land), Blakeney, Great Windmill (beside coast road) at Weybourne, and Steam Railway into Sheringham (again from coast road)
We have some great places around here fellow droners !, “Come Up And See Me, sometime” (where have I heard that before?)

sound like a plan will let you know nearer the time
I know what you mean about holkam hall but there is wells and overy staithe both lovely places

and outside overy is where I took this a few years ago and would like to do a fly over but ask permission

4 Likes

That’s a crackin photo!! :+1:

ill say. not really got alot round my way that can be set uplike that

Thanks it wasn’t taken with a drone I was in the middle of a field on my belly just turned a corner and saw this windmill and the sun was going down once in a lifetime shot to be honest but you never know lighting can strike twice
Here is a link to the area and a must for drones they have some sand dunes which I used to play In Some 50 yrs ago (showing my age…)