North Pier, Blackpool - Added to Beaches and Seaside Resorts in North West

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission requirements unknown.

I flew this off the beach just to the side of north pier. Lots of parking avaiable (all pay!). I found no flight restrictions north of central pier in Blackpool (theres an airport to the south)

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 29/11/2023. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

3 Likes

Thanks for adding to the map @RoyWhite :smiley:

You mentioned parking, would you be able to add a marker on the map for where you parked? And another one for where you took off from?

This was my first post, so if I got it wrong you will have to tell me!

I flew from the beach just in front of the promenade next to the pier. I thought the marker was about right . As for car parking, I parked some way off near central pier, which I can include but there are several car parks much nearer, one of which I have used a long time before. The reason for parking so far away was that I was there to photograph the illuniminations and was walking along the prom taking (fantastic) pics.

One thing I omitted from the orginal post was that north pier is good for starling mumurations. I took some movies. They start their antics just around sunset. I was there twice in November and they were there both times and a local told me it was very regular (although I dont know what its like earlier or later in the month)

Roy

It wasn’t wrong @RoyWhite :smiley:

I was just hoping you could add an extra marker for parking and take off points.

To do this, click here :slight_smile:

I’ve flown here too @RoyWhite :grin:

And another pic taken same time

6 Likes

@RoyWhite they are stunning pictures and would really like to see more, What drone was you using? As I think I will pay a visit to Blackpool myself at some point in New Year

Hi, I use a mini3 pro. And I went for the illuminations, which finish on 7 Jan 2024. The drone pics are the funfair area just outside the tower (the drive with illuminations is down to the left of the pic above) and not sure how much is there for rest of year. Here is another “quirky” pic (not a drone, used my Sony A7R5)
Untitled-12

1 Like

1 Like

2 Likes