North West meet up 13/08/2023 Wigan V2

I might be up for a meet on Wednesday Evening

And should be ok for this one as well

I will post in another meet up thread to see if anyone else is interested on the 9th

1 Like

@Masonjw

1 Like

shame this wasn’t the Saturday I’d of been tempted to make the drive :man_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

@stevesb, @Sparkyws.

Had another drive up there this afternoon. This is around 2pm. It’d actually stopped lashing down.:grimacing::grimacing:

The vid shows the distance from the main car park down to where I normally fly, max 300m.

On the way down to the spot, there’s hard ground as long as you keep to the middle/right. So not boggy.

As you’ll see, even on a Sunday afternoon with the sun out, not many people in the car park and defo not many where we’ll be flying.

No worry about the Rangers either.

Anyway, it is what it is, have a gander at the vid see what you think about the place. Oh, I had a little fun while filming so the vid may go on a bit :grin:

4 Likes

What vid?

1 Like

Ady can you post the vid please buddy.

Sorry lads, posted now👍

1 Like

nice, yes better spot I would have said

After watching the video changed the meet to the main carpark area.
Ady @Leylo1971 can you pinpoint where you actually set up to fly. On a map.

1 Like

You could pitch up anywhere around there

@Sparkyws, That’s where I launched from yesterday.

It’s quite firm ground, they used part of the first tee for landfill :person_shrugging: go figure. There’s long grass, but it ain’t boggy.

If you move up the pic slightly there’s a tee off place, where that path comes to an end in between them bunches of trees, and it’s flat. The only thing is them trees are decent for flying through so you’d have pedestrians in the flight path :joy:.

The decent thing about that area is you don’t loose much signal, at least with the Avata. :+1:

2 Likes

That’s the plan then.

Meet at the location above. But park in the main car park.
Any time after 7.30

2 Likes

Hi folks. As the new meet is further from the car park then sadly our mind is changed so we will not be able to meet but hope to catch up with you all soon.

1 Like

That really is a shame. It does seem to be easier under foot than the first site, though futher.
It would have been nice to thank you in perso for finding the key. Maybe next time.

1 Like

Can I have both their cooked breakfasts that you were going to buy them Steve? :blush: :bacon: :fried_egg: :hotdog:

(sorry Foley’s!)

1 Like

Russ its just 200 yards its not far and very easy on foot, plus there is a cafe :grinning:

1 Like

Woh! Hold on there… Lol

Ok Sarah said she will give it a go. All being well we will see what we can do.

1 Like

However, joking apart, we do not need anything for finding it. Our pleasure that we could help.

2 Likes

Does anyone have “what three words” locations?

1 Like

Yeah seems people got lost today!

Weather not looking great, but 4 more days to find out heh

1 Like

Car Park

Flying Spot

1 Like