North West meet up 13/08/2023 Wigan V2

I know this is short notice but the forcast is vastly improved for next week

So I’m proposing a repeat of the last meet at Beacon country park same as last time. BUT not as early a start as posted last time. I suggest a 7.30 - 8.00 start.
So chances are, judging from last time, we would be there for at least 4 hrs maybe even going on into the afternoon.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/sLgqQq5AaApCksvy5

what three words. ///obscuring.swam.quicksand

I’ll not be losing any keys this time.

@gunja99 @Sparkyws @Foley @FoleyMrs @PingSpike
@Mercy @Crackerjack @Leylo1971 @AlbionDrones @Howard78 @Jools
@group-northwest
@group-northeast
@group-eastmidlands
@group-yorkshumber

2 Likes

DAMN ! I’m in Wales, family visiting, can’t you make it the weekend after :man_running::man_running:

1 Like

I don’t get home from a boozy day in London 'til about 11:45 the previous evening. And I’d struggle to wake up in time even if I didn’t have a little(-ish) hangover.

1 Like

If the weather is ok then we are in :slight_smile:

1 Like

yup yup yup yup yup YES and ummm yes…

WIll let you know… Oh it’s a yes!

1 Like

Are you bringing your spare set of car keys this time? :rofl: I can probably make it, count me in.

Ha ha ha :joy:

1 Like

Some parts are very boggy. Not sure when you were there but yep we may do but it is a bit ofva drive for us. However… you never know…

1 Like

My Birthday. who’s bringing the cake :birthday:

2 Likes

I think that can be arranged. How many candles.
:birthday:

2 Likes

yup I’m up for it again, same spot as last time I take it?

yes I can vouch for the boggy parts as I was in the field down other side of the trees a week ago)

1 Like

Yes Rob same spot.

1 Like

note to others it you are in a big car park with a kiosk or brick structure… you are in the wrong car park and need to get back on the road, turn left and there is another carpark with a rough road and very leafy not too far away. (it has a “P” parking sign and you turn off the road towards the left… follow the buzzing sounds)

1 Like

Lots no worry of hair/fire incident

Will it be enough to dry the boggy ground…?

It would be if they were for me. :sweat_smile:

lol

1 Like

I’m in👍. @stevesb

For what it’s worth, it’s a much better area for flying from near the main car park(the clubhouse). Open, but more trees/gaps to fly through, instead of just a long fairway😁. It’s a little further to walk from the car park, 200m max, to the flying spot, but miles more worth it in my opinion.

The ground over there at the beginning of the course were we can stand is ex land fill, so it’s more firm…no boggy parts

Either or, I’ll be up👍

1 Like

My concern with the main carpark is 3 fold.
1 near the rangers office. We don’t want to be upsetting them if we can help it.
2 near the cafe. I would assume more people would congregate at that end before and after walks. To have refreshments.
3 it would tend to be the start and end points of most activities of the public.
With that in mind, where the planned meet is, persons would have dispersed more by the time they get to our location. So are less likely to get offended by us and our noisy flying spying thingies.

2 Likes

Granted :+1:.

The flying spot I’m on about is way enough away from the car park in respect of people walking or congregating.

I’m actually sitting here in the car park waiting for the pissing down rain to stop to take a short vid of exactly what the score is😂.

The Rangers wont bother us, it’s off from the main path down to the left. I fly there all the time and nobody’s batted an eye lid

Edit. If this rain don’t fire off in the next ten minutes I’m off :rofl:. Got other things to do…