Notam types - warning or restriction

Hi, I was thinking of flying my mini 3 pro at Scarborough this coming weekend but note there is a notam in place.

Details copied below.

My understanding is this is a warning.i.e take care ( as yellow on dronescene) about a laser display each evening between 5pm and 11pm, rather than a restriction .i.e do not fly (which would be red). Is that correct?
Also legally as not a restriction, is it ok to fly in this warning area ( subject to normal CAA drone rules?)

Guess it is sensible to avoid when the schedule shows the laser display will be running to avoid any problem with camera being damaged?

Apologies for such a basic question but don’t want to fly when I shouldn’t.

Thanks.

Category
Navigation Warning

Summary
Yellow zones indicate regions where operation of your drone may raise security, privacy or safety concerns.

Altitude
This piece of airspace is in effect above Surface

Navigation Warning
This is a temporary Navigation Warning, it indicates a possible hazard to aerial traffic in the region indicated.

Active Now
Active: Monday, February 26, 2024 5:00:00 PM until Sunday, March 3, 2024 11:00:00 PM (UTC).

Full NOTAM Text
Q) EGTT/QWELW/IV/BO/W/000//5417N00023W002 A) EGTT B) FROM: 24/02/26 17:00 C) TO: 24/03/03 23:00 E) LASER DISPLAY WI 1NM RADIUS 541657N 0002321W (SCARBOROUGH). FOR INFO 07957 225964. AR-2024-634/AU2 LOWER: SFC UPPER: UNL SCHEDULE: 1700-2300

NOTAM ID
EGGN/H0499/24

You are correct in your thoughts. But you can fly even when the show is on. I would avoid filming directly down the laser as there are reports of them damaging camera sensors.
Otherwise as you said fly as per CAA regulations.

1 Like

Thanks for replying, Steve.

1 Like

Maybe as well to mention there will be crowds. Don’t fly over crowds… I’m sure you know this though… I just thought it might have been another reason for the NOTAM

Thanks Osdog.
I was including “no flying over crowds” as part of the CAA regulations but never hurts to be reminded.
Regards JDNT

1 Like

yeah I wouldn’t fly while there’s lasers about mate watch this

2 Likes