Nottingham Embankment - DJI Mavic Mini

Hi All,

Second time out flying my MM today and first time editing using Premiere Pro.

Video is from Nottingham Embankment (River Trent)

Any feedback or tips is always welcomed.

Thanks for looking.

12 Likes

Editing skills looking good !, smooth transitions, good colours, spot on if you ask me !.

2 Likes

That looks really nice! I haven’t had the bottle to fly in areas like this, Drone Assist always makes me a bit wary.

1 Like

Thanks very much! Yes can be a bit scary at first flying over places like rivers etc but I had no problems at all really, just kept high enough so the birds/ ducks didn’t hit the drone when flying past!

Thanks again

Hi, I think what Punchy actually meant was close to a sort if built up area and like the groups of people walking along the bank… can see your a fair way up and I’m pretty new to this so guessing this is borderline allowed…? experts…?..

Cheers

Sorry, my mistake if that was his meaning. There was only a few people passing by every now and then but I took off well away from them to avoid any possible problems. I believe I wasn’t doing anything wrong by flying here.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi, being new to all this just trying to get a feel for what is OK and not, what went through my mind is the Built Up Areas… just to remind myself and from the code… Examples of built-up and busy areas:

Never fly closer to built-up and busy areas than 150m.

Never fly above these areas at any height.

• cities and towns
  • villages
  • beaches and recreational parks that are part of a city, town or village
  • housing estates
  • schools and offices
  • retail, warehouse, industrial and business parks
  • theme parks

So you poss see why I wondered… I think it would have been OK personally but it’s hard to really intemperate from a pretty general statement they give… I’m guessing you have never been challenged then? something which I don’t really relish happening… ha-ha…

Cheers

1 Like

This may help @Malcy

2 Likes

Yes that all makes sense, I’m new to this as well, only had my drone for about a week now! But I do agree the rules can be seen very vague.

In terms of problems I’ve encountered, I’ve not had any problems yet with the public or from land owners(touch wood). I try to stay away from large public spaces to avoid any issues and if anybody did come over to me and had a problem I would explain my situation and bring the drone in straight away to land.

I believe if you’re sensible on where you operate and what surroundings you’re in, you should be ok with flying, after all it’s only a hobby for most of us, we’re not after any trouble doing it.

Thanks

2 Likes

A little wiser… but I think you are right, common sense should prevail… anyway, nice video…

Thanks

1 Like

Is it just me but I see absolutely nothing wrong with this flight? :thinking: bombarding the poor guy over drone code I don’t think is necessary. (My opinion) he’s over 50m away from the couple people waking along and At least 150 away from that built up area I’m sure. Stunning clips though, really well done :+1:t4:

3 Likes

Thank you very much :+1:t3: Appreciate it.

Just out here trying to enjoy flying like us all but will definitely take more consideration into where I fly in the future.

Thanks again.

1 Like

@mockingbird71 Thank you! Really appreciate the comments, look forward to making more as well.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi all, didn’t mean to cast any aspersions, I was only commenting on my own nervousness in flying areas like this.

That stretch of the Trent from halfpenny bridge has a couple of Drone Assist yellow cautions that would have instantly put me off flying around there.

1 Like

No problem at all, yes just took extra caution on the day for me.

Thanks

Excellent video, I know the area well another good spot is down along the river footpath past Forest football ground under lady bay bridge and you will get to a open piece of grass land where you can get good shots of the surrounding area including Holme Pierrepont.

2 Likes

No, you would land your drone first, it is a offence for anyone to interrupt you while flying, and bloody well tell em so to !, i do !.
apologies for the late reply.

2 Likes

Thank you @Digbypatch Yes that would be an excellent place, will have to go down there when the weather is better! Only 10 mins away for me.

2 Likes

Just had a look and you cannot fly where I stated near the Forest ground because it is near Tollerton Airport and in restricted air space even though planes do not fly over that spot.
Never mind.

1 Like

@Digbypatch No problem, thanks for the warning. Trying to research new places to go but can’t seem to find anywhere…