Nottingham/Nottinghamshire Meet up?

An hour 15 for me, but mainly motorway, both days ok so far, prefer 23rd

Another comical what 3 word location, the innuendo on some of the locations is excellent.

4 Likes

Hey…would be great to meetup… I’m out near Coalville, Leics but work out Nottingham way so easy enough to get to

1 Like

Both dates are good with me :ok_hand:
Steve

1 Like

Looks like EH & HE have put money into the restoration. No doubt they’ll end up trying to restrict flights eventually.

1 Like

Definitely can imagine this happening… article says work starts in “next few weeks”. Reckon this would effect the meet up on 23rd?

I shouldn’t think so, take off can be from the public bridleway and I believe Severn Trent Water Currently own the hard standing land adjacent to it.

And as it’s a Sunday I doubt there’ll be anyone about except some dog walkers and kids on dirtbikes.

Edit: I’ll pop across if I get chance this weekend and see what the current state is. Not been there for a while.

2 Likes

Yer, but loads of scaffolding won’t enhance the photography :disappointed: :disappointed:
Cheers
Steve :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Hi Steve,

I agree, think we’ll have to wait closer to the time to see if work has started yet…Possibly have to have a new meet up location if work has already begun.

Thanks

Id suggest ‘Weeks’ as being within the next quarter from the Article date (2nd Feb). Id be surprised to see anything before at least Mid-March. However we shall (hopefully) see. :grin: :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Still haven’t managed to get across there to see if anything is happening but saw this on Twitter this evening.

Scumbags! It’s definitely put me off going down that way on my own with my camera gear, I usually carry very similar kit when birding or macro shooting.

1 Like

Hi All,

Looks like this meet up will have to be pushed back after looking at the weather for this Sunday’s proposed meet up.

Will continue to look for a good day for us on a weekend in the upcoming weeks in March. Let me know if any dates are good/not good for you and we’ll try and make a date for everyone.

Typical weather😔

Thanks
Connor

3 Likes

Has anyone been to Firbeck Colliery? Its abandoned and looks interesting.

No, Yes I’d like to :smiley:

1 Like

That does look tempting.

1 Like

@Steviegeek @kvetner Its lovely isn’t it!

1 Like

I’ve not been either to here but yes does look like a very interesting place, another one to add the list of places to visit!

After reading your post this morning Ive been doing some research and have come to the conclusion that those buildings may have been demolished as imagery from Google Maps shows empty waste ground.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Costhorpe,+Worksop+S81+9JT/@53.3674234,-1.1302829,570m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x4879a0b69df1fbfd:0x3da7a5b970cfc2ab!8m2!3d53.3636473!4d-1.1220155

Shame because its only 20 mins away.

Although im not convinced as posts from derelict hunters as recent as May last year suggest the site in its ruinous state is still surviving. hhhmmm…fancy a drive later I think…just an arse about the wind!

Ok, so I found it. Its just a little on the right of that Google maps link, nestled between businesses :

The buildings are in a place called Costhorpe, near Firbeck.

1 Like

That definitely looks doable on a weekend.

1 Like