Oakwood and Park Farm Marinas, Billinge Flash - Added to Lakes and Reservoirs in North West

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission requirements unknown.

I parked in a small lay-by at logbook.protrude.wove, a short walk bak to a bridge with a footpath where you can TOAL. to the right is Big Billinge and Oakwood Marina to the left Park Farm Marina, joined by the Trent and Mersey Canal.
This can be in the Manchester Airport restriction zone, depending on which direction the aircraft are landing in.

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 24/09/2022. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

3 Likes

That’s just a DJI restriction, you’re nowhere near the actual (real) CAA airspace restriction.

Thanks for adding to the map @Spannersatcx :smiley:

1 Like

Some more pics of the Marinas.

2 Likes

Ok, but it’s a high risk area, and on the day they were flying overhead, so always best to be aware and cautious :+1:

This location is over fifteen kilometres from the edge of the runway and over ten kilometres from the edge of the FRZ. Any planes will be well over 400ft by the time they get here :smiley:

Don’t let DJI’s self-made zones scaremonger you, they’re not worth the paper they’re written on.

If there was even the remotest risk to passenger aircraft then CAA would change the boundaries, not DJI.

Anyway, it’s a great addition to the map, thank you. What are your thoughts on its suitability for a potential north west meet up @Spannersatcx ?

2 Likes

The actual restrictions as a drone flyer

Judas.

1 Like

As a relatively new flyer, I tend to aire on the side of caution, especially when aircraft are literally overhead on the approach path.
Would be difficult for a meet up as there’s very limited parking close by, layby for maybe 3 or 4 cars. Or there’s a farm shop nearby guess if you go in for a drink or by something you could park there.

1 Like

Who me? I was backing you up. There are no restrictions
But if someone has 30 pieces of silver to give me i won’t turn it down.

:rofl::rofl: