Official DJI thermal camera for the Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual

I think DJI are going to be announcing a thermal camera for the Mavic 2 Enterprise on Monday 17th December.

Well, going by this they are :wink:

Any early guesses as to the price point? :thinking:

2 Likes

Expensive!

I’m guessing it’s going to need to be a complete gimbal/camera assembly. If it was just a thermal camera you clip on top it would be pretty useless.

Around a grand is my guess. Or 3 if it’s paired with drone.

Yeah I’d probably pitch it about the same price point.

Handy gadget but I’d only use it once or twice before the novelty wore off :blush:

I’ll cross this accessory off my Christmas list and leave it for the pros :+1:t2:

Like you can interchange the M2P/M2Z camera/gimbal assembly - I’d guess this is to be a 3rd camera/gimbal that can be interchanged.

2 Likes

I could find a use for houses thermal insulation surveys

Just tell them the heat escapes out the roof and the windows - save yourself a grand there Jeff :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Could do but some people like to see the proof in black and white (ok in this case colour)

1 Like

I’m not sure such a small sensor with limited sensitivity would be up to doing surveys and such.

We used a ~£1k fluke ti100 at work for fault finding hydraulic power packs. Was pretty rubbish but was compact compared to other TI cameras.

Have also used a mid range fluke TI450 pro which was night and day compared to the 100 but costs around £6k and quite bulky.

I just can’t see them being able to fit something usable on a Mavic 2. Inspire 2 maybe.

I can see a huge application for a reasonably priced thermal camera for highland animal stock checking and wildlife surveys. Personally I could survey all the deer on an estate in a few evenings and get an pretty accurate idea of the population if there was a reasonably priced thermal camera setup that could pick up animals at 60 meters + distance.

2 Likes

9am Eastern Time.
Wasn’t that 2pm this aft?
No news yet!

Yup…

You guessed it!

DJI have missed another announcement date…

https://twitter.com/djienterprise/status/1074630062622760960

That’s not like them… :thinking:

Oh, no, wait…

It’s exactly like them :roll_eyes:

They probably suffered a fry away! :wink:

2 Likes

Siri iriots

FLiR make a brilliant hand held thermal camera at about £400-£500. It shows up animals fabulously in pitch dark. We use it for covert ops against cable thieves and vandals. It has a zoom function and can see for about half a mile, it can show heat as either white or various colours depending on their temperature.
At the drone show, The London Camera exchange we’re offerring a thermal camera that fits to any iPhone or iPad for £99 instead of £199. That could be more easily used for heat loss surveys and record the results on iPad/iphone.

1 Like

Thanks Brian, do you know which model it is? Could it be drone mounted? I’ve got a wicked little FLIR camera for my old phone but I dont think it’d pick up beyond a few yards. Maybe I should rubber band it onto my drone and find out!

The one we use is a monocular, too heavy to be drone mounted. They range from £400/509 to £2,500.

1 Like

Cool! Is that an Impala? Or some kinds of plains game? Not an Oryx I think!

Brilliant :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Yup, DJI went ahead and launched a new drone addition today, on what shall forever be known as GatwickGate :roll_eyes:

The ‘Enterprise Dual’ with side-by-side cameras: https://www.dji.com/mavic-2-enterprise

Thermal camera is by FLIR :+1:t2:

1 Like

Priced at £2,669

More details here:

:+1:t2:

1 Like