Old Boneyard, at. Former RAF Folkingham - Added to Everything Else in East Midlands

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission obtained.

Visited this old airbase several times, access is from footpath at end of lane, near 5 bar gate at end of track. Farm vehicles regularly use the base for storage. To access the base you have walk through the woods to the disused military grader shovel blocking the path.
Each time I’ve flown here I don’t venture into the actual base, a third of the site is where most of the rusty vehicles are situated.
My last visit I tried asking for permission from the landowner, politely I was declined. Hence why I flew from the boundary of the airfield.
The site is remote but online it’s reported to be alarmed and cameras. I’ve never found any.
The airfield is crammed full of old disused military and civil engineering machinery from the 1940s to present day

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 25/07/2021. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

5 Likes

I want to fly here @Dren, but there are no parking or take off and landing markers. Would you be able to add some to the map please?

1 Like

Sadly not. I reached out to the owner of the land, he’s not a happy person to speak to. Complained about people trespassing and stealing parts from vehicles. …so on my first visit I parked at end of track near the forestry area signs and followed the footpath through the woods parallel to his land. Walk about 500yrds and eventually you’ll find a excavation plane blocking a path to his land, signs everywhere telling you not to enter. From behind the plane there’s a bit of open path to launch from. You can’t see anything until you get in the air. Shooting is regular up there and constant vehicle movements from farm vehicles.
It’s upto yourself if you still want to risk a confrontation with either the land owner or employees. Just be prepared

I reached out after my second visit.