OOOPS snorkel anyone

Hi all well more entertainment for you droners. learning fast but expensive & not easy.
But loads of Fun. Jon&Denise :man_mage: :owl:
music Doomsday Outlaw : walk on water.

At least you videod it. Tbh you can have me tinyhawk s (older black one). Think the mob7 lite too hard for me to fly!

2 Likes

Ok thats ace r u goingg to drone circle sunday? Weather dependant obviously. How much do you want for it ? Jon&Denise :man_mage::owl:

Please don’t take up any kind of diving. You’d probably just ignore that big flashing warning “low oxygen” 30 metres underwater just like you ignored that big flashing warning of low battery and “land now” :smile:

3 Likes

Will be there Sunday assuming have a working quad (shud have three, new motor tomorrow for the babyhawk II), the 5inch is still OK though the GPS never worked… YITH??? Help… Actually gonna unsolder and put the new “split” cables inline, so will test on PC next… And then rebuild the cine8 which I got FC working on Linux! So should all be good. Have a look at it on Sunday and we’ll discuss then. Will let James show it off again lol. Need a decent 1s charger!

1 Like

I am here… we can talk! I am also planning on being at DC on Sunday.

2 Likes

Cheers mate. Will hopefully disconnect it and try again before Sunday! We will see, lol! Will be good to see you at bosley!

I just checked my 3" quad’s OSD recording from the weekend… all that flying around up those mountains, from the video I posted.

It has the same GPS as you have on yours. It was reporting consistently around 7 satellites.

Not as many as I usually see on my quads with the bigger GPS, but something at least.

Flew for probably an hour, and not 1 sat… Weird. Have been editing a video tonight so no soldering!

I’ve been messing with the Badger… lol… working out how everything would fit. Realised there was nowhere for the power leads to go through the rear section of TPU.

So I’ve modified it to have a gap. In the process of taking the GPS out of the existing TPU mount I knackered the connector on it. But I’ve managed to fix it, but was not happy that it would last. Have applied super-glue…

Won’t have that done for the weekend as I have no motors for it yet…

I will however be taking my 5" with its new motors tomorrow evening and if that works I’ll be trying the GoPro Hero 7 on it for the first time. Maybe even trying out a “grey” fundamental challenge video…

1 Like

Fingers crossed have 5 inch, babyhawk back in air (new motor tomorrow), and the cine8 back!

1 Like

I’d like to give the Nano Talon Evo a flight as well on Sunday. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have just read some posts on this forum, where enthusiasts criticize filmmakers for showing a drone being used in a bad situation.

Then I see this - a video from enthusiasts, showing a drone continuing to be flown with a “low battery warning”
:slight_smile:

I’ve just connected one of the others to the PC. I configured them all to 10Hz, but it was on 1Hz. Are your settings sticking with the 115200 baud and 10Hz? The 115200 had stuck. Notice a small battery that for sat memory you know? or settings?

I just set it as per the guide and then it worked and stayed working…

I know the battery is for sats… no idea if settings go in there.

Hmmmm btw it worked well and got location in seconds so dunno what’s wrong with the 5 inch!

1 Like

Was just the 10hz was lost

1 Like