Out of the habit!

Hi All,
I was wondering does anyone else get out the habit of flying there drone?
Only I was having great fun for the first part of the year taking my drone out flying in different locations, getting to grips with handling the drone editing the videos, even created a dedicated YouTube channel and was even lucky enough to have won a Mini 3 Pro on here, only for a combination of work, weather and laziness have not flown since late August!
I kind of know the answer is just to get back out there and start flying again but was wondering if anyone else goes through the same?

5 Likes

For myself I find that I have to be learning new stuff, or going to new places, so I have a lot of hobbies, all of which I am good enough at, and I switch between them so as not to get bored - blacksmithing, leatherworking, woodworking and drone flying - although the drone flying does seem to be my main focus for the last 12 months!

As folks will undoubtedly say, just get out and fly, you will find your mojo again :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Morning @Rustyo200le shane

I can kinda relate but for slightly different reasons,
Only being without my drone for 2 weeks whilst it was off for repair, then getting it back, going for a quick 10 min flight the other day, so roughly only 3 weeks of not flying when I used to try & get out at least once a week, I feel like I’ve lost interest which does sadden me tbh, I know the weathers played a big part in not being able to get out but that’s something I / you can’t change sadly, but I guess we can try to change ourselves, as like you say “ just get back out there “ when possible of course, I’m hoping this may be sooner rather than later :crossed_fingers:t2:
Then hopefully I’ll start to feel passionate about flying again as I did a few weeks ago, I tried to edit or re edit a few photos the other day, even the laptop got closed rather quickly :grimacing: I’m sure & hoping once there’s a break in the weather & I manage to get out, then my thoughts will change & I hope likewise for you :+1:t2:

2 Likes

I would say just roll with it, without putting any pressure on yourself. Sometimes life and stuff can get in the way of things but am sure you’ll get your dro’jo back again :slight_smile:

Suggest try out some fresh challenges, such as visit some different locations, experiment some new shots or moves, or something I did, got myself another drone :smiley:

1 Like

@Rustyo200le shane
Mate yr not a million miles from me, play it by ear as one day is different to the next but maybe, try & have a meet up & give each other a push along, hopefully we might have the incentive to start enjoying / getting out more :+1:t2:

1 Like

This :point_up:

I have a few favourite locations around the Avebury area. But other than that, I try to find new places to fly each time. This keeps things new and exciting.

Drone Scene is a motivator too, allowing you to pin your locations and recommend them to others.

Meeting up with fellow members is definitely motivating, I do recommend this.

3 Likes

Last time i had the Drone out was about 3 weeks ago. i work silly hours.

A few time i have taken it with me, but the weather has been pants.
When i am out i’m always looking for things a can get a shot of, Keep the faith

Pop it in the car when your out and about

3 Likes

Million percent back that :clap:t2: as you guys know I’ve been out flying with Chris many times & it has really helped me out, it’s great to communicate to.

3 Likes

Anyway, enough of this waffle. I have to start my Christmas present shopping :man_facepalming:

But I think I’ll go droning instead since the weather is nice :rofl:

I’m exactly the same, it’s strange you know, since I’ve had a drone I take note of things I never used too, what will make a nice picture or a great location, I see things in a different perspective .

1 Like

@Rustyo200le It’s like riding a bike after a few yrs off, wobbly at first but soon get back into it.

I have many hobbies too, and switch between them depending on the weather. Until recently I hadn’t played my guitars for probably 6 months but was swinging them around the lounge the other day with gay abandon trying to remember all the chords and scales to the songs on my Sonos system. Had a great time (till the missus came home from work and wondered where tea was). :grin:

Just do it mate at your own pace. Your interest will no doubt resurface with the improvent of the good old British weather. :+1:

Just got back from the park, took the M2Z out for the first time in a couple of months, but for the first few minutes I had to try to remember which way was which. Only took a couple of laps of the football pitch and I was throwing it about with gay abandon, hey ho, shut that door!
My tiny hands were frozen, so I had to put on my hi-viz orange gloves to prevent frost bite (might be exaggerating a little, but it was cold).
Still got two batteries fully charged up, so if the weather holds off, I’ll do the traditional Xmas morning buzzing of the local gull population just to keep them on their toes!

I know the feeling, the weather we have up here in the North West doesn’t help, I’ve only flown my Mini 4 on three occasions since buying it and that’s down to a combination of work and weather. I’m off for a week now but the forecast looks :poop: That said, I am generally a fair-weather flyer as I hate the cold, roll on summer.

Im in a similar situation due to lots of reasons, main one being work, lack of holidays, 4 weeks and bank holidays are not enough, weekends are usually too busy and dont get me started on the British weather lol. Work and home life can take up a lot of time, video editing takes a lot of time, but when i do get time to fly, photo and video and get the final results it is all worth it, especially when i manage an upload to my own YouTube channel Woody Drones On, shameless plug lol. Just enjoy the time you get to fly and share your creations to social media. I’ll never make any money from my YouTube chanel, but if someone hets a bit of pleasure from watching, then im happy :blush: Have Fun

I worked really hard to get my drone kit bag ready, and managed one single flight afterwards before the weather turned bad. I haven’t flown for 2 weeks now and I’m getting really annoyed!

Well with The Frustration of the Weather and Having Cold / Flu , Fully Charged to Rock & Roll and the Added Bonus of DJI New Frimware updates and Waited Till Felt Better , I Decided To Throw Down The Gautlet with High Winds My Mini Pro 4 DragonFly Took to The Sky Held Her Own , Video Impressive , Put Her Through manoeuvres A Real Pro in Action to Watch a DragonFly in Motion ,One of most Accurate Hunters as they can Fly Foward,Backwards Hover and Pivot in Place ,So It seemed Appropriate Name ,
Alex ,London ,DJI Mini Pro 4 DragonFly ( Wishing Every One Fly Happy Merry Xmas )

yes know that one, gained my GVC and then have not flown, that said the weather has not been the best, so it may be a thing, that we go through, I will just get out their soon and fly.