Peterborough drone owner fined for flying it too high

More reason retailers should include some basic drone code with ever sale

1 Like

He used binoculars to watch the drone and thought this was acceptable because it was in his line of sight.

:man_facepalming:t2:

Wonder how he was caught? The report doesn’t say, just that police officers turned up and arrested him… At home? Whilst out? Hmmm details please, lol!

Idiot though, and at least he admitted that!

Maybe he was a bigger idiot to maybe boast about it or upload it to social media :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Yes that’s what I kind of “hope” happened, if that makes sense! Those SD cards get lost surely… Or are “found” on the ground if you upload them!

2 Likes

I wounder if it was the guy

4 Likes

I think it’s a fair bet that it was the chap who made that video. Serves him right for uploading it to YouTube :wink::wink:
Edit, If you watch it on YouTube, it was posted by Andrew Godwin, the same person mentioned in the BBC article.
PS on his YouTube channel, he’s got other flights over 3 miles away from where he is :wink::wink:

2 Likes

Well if it wasn’t, then he’s likely to get a call. Amazing the static altitude there. 1500 all the way through

Edit: Oh yeah name matches! Silly boy…

He should be further prosecuted for being a complete bellend by uploading the incriminating evidence for the world to see. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

I wonder if he is a member here

I find it hard to believe that he didn’t fully know the rules - seems he is into sky diving too so knows a bit about objects in the air - he had binoculars for VLOS so he knew about the need for VLOS - he knows how to use the mission mode on a drone app to fly to a waypoint so he has has some tech know how on what he can possibly do with his drone.

He was mega lucky to just get a slap across the wrist

All we can hope for is that others will see this and know they could be found out and have a visit.

2 Likes

love how his comments are turned off so people cant tell him what a bell end he is.

He will be wondering why his views are going up though.

He did fully know what he was upto - no doubt about it

With some quick map reading skills, he literally lead the authorities right to his back garden! :roll_eyes: :joy:

2 Likes

Nah he’s hoping for more views, and possible subs to pay the fines!

He was warned by the DJI app, he knew… He had to know!

1 Like

:smile: what a tit

3 Likes

I live here and very regularly have the air ambulance or police helicopter flying by either passing by or circling in the area!!

1 Like

If the bloke didn’t live within close proximity of the base for both services, then I don’t think it’s a legal argument from the prosecution. An Air Ambulance or a Police helicopter can appear literally anywhere at low level.

We have the base for them on the outskirts of Peterborough and also have RAF base nearby who regularly practice over the city

the more info that comes out about this and what is very evident on his YouTube its crazy to think that he just got basically let of with a slap ( ÂŁ500 )

madness yet you hear of other stories of people getting much larger fines for just a FCC hack ( seems like this was also done to his drone from what the BBC reported )

Shocking how different the prosecution is for this.

He was mega lucky for sure.

1 Like

https://x.com/xjet/status/1752319898766934120?s=20

3 Likes