Pewsey Downs in 1°C 🥶

It is 1°C :cold_face: and raining :cloud_with_rain: - so I venture to Pewsey Downs, Wiltshire with my camera and drones - on the off chance it will clear. Located about 4 miles South of Avebury, Pewsey Downs is steeped in history. That paired with being the highest point in Wiltshire, it makes a great place to fly with spectacular views :heart_eyes:

In this video walk to:

1. Knap Hill, Britains first Causewayed Enclosure dating back nearly 6 millenia
  2. Adam’s Grave, a Neolithic Chambered Long Barrow built 3,500 BC
  3. Alton Barnes White Horse, at Milk Hill, carved in 1812
9 Likes

A thumbs up from me for your hardiness in such conditions. At my age I couldn’t attempt it especially looking at the muddy conditions.
I think you need a bravery badge or a footloose one. :camera: :video_camera: great work - thanks.

Thanks Barrie! I thought I was lucky, as the weather had just about cleared by the time I arrived at Pewsey Downs car park. Unfortunately, it came back with vengence a few hours later. And it was bitterly cold. I didn’t get to reach Tan Hill, but there’s always next time :wink: Live to fly another day :+1:

@clinkadink Your videos are getting better Chris really enjoying watching them and your certainly covering some ground , I know you have mentioned your fascination with the history of these locations so hope you enjoyed this chilly morning outing and remember boots not trainers

Cheers Alan! That’s very kind of you to say. I am enjoying documenting my progress with the drones, whilst getting to see some of Britain’s great historical sites from the air! :grin:

Always, even in the Summer months! :joy:

Quality as always from you , that mud at the gate looked very slippery and also those paths but you did a great job of showing these areas , :+1:

Thanks Steven, glad you liked it :wink: I seem to get drawn towards these muddy sites! But at least I stayed vertical this time :joy:

Great video Chris :+1:

Keep up the good work :+1:

1 Like

Cheers mate, trying to lose those lockdown love handles :laughing: