PfCO ID Cards

Hi @BrianB
Got another one on the way lol with the correct wording ie PfCO not PfAO :+1:

1 Like

:+1: Maybe he has an inside track on how things may change next year! :wink:

1 Like

Who knows @BrianB, well I have spent the money doing my PfCO and don’t regret it, I’m a more knowledgeable pilot, well more than I was in my previous 2 years of flying before doing it so hey ho what will be will be

4 Likes

Exactly how I feel!

I am still “sitting on the fence” guys, I shall wait until Oct 1st before I decide whether doing my PfCO is a worthwhile venture.
I really do want to do it for my own peace of mind, even though I do not want to actively “earn money from it”.
But, if I do it now , I don’t want to be chucking good money away on a lost cause come October, as some people are thinking !.

1 Like

Another missed opportunity ÂŁ10 for printing a card.

I produce shit loads of these every day at work :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

To be honest @chrisjohnbaker I only did for the knowledge and and to test myself, being nearly 64, well of course you can teach old dogs new tricks, I learnt to play the drums at age 50 and have played with a few bands playing Kings of Leon, Green Day, Queen and various other stuff, purchased a Harley age 57 after a few Stella’s on eBay one Saturday nite ooooops have not got a license, so off I went to do that and had a great 5 years but cashed her in for my first Drone and do I regret NO, learning keeps you young lol

1 Like

Get a sideline going :+1:

1 Like

You can learn everything you need to without a PfCO. A permission to operate commercially from CAA dosent mean you are a safer or better pilot.

Think it would just be a waste of cash if you have no intention of making money from it.

Put the cash towards a holiday.

3 Likes

@callum I agree in a way it all comes down to common sense, if you are serious about your hobby you will be sensible about it :+1:

2 Likes

Now being retired (6 months) and having the time on my hands to do whatever takes my fancy, my drone flying is my spare time passion.
and passion it really is !.
I get out as often as time allows to fly, and I am constantly looking for that next place to fly my drone.
I do not have a bottomless pit of money to play with, and I have always been one of these people who is a impulse buyer “I see It, I Like It, I Buy It”.
Yes, I would love to be able to earn a “buck or two” from it, but I am of the opinion that I will not actively go out of my way to get business to support it.

1 Like

@callum you only live once, enjoy it wish I was retired, but I like my holidays, buying what I want, impulsive like you lol, hence The Harley purchase, I don’t think some drones are too expensive, well if you stick at the lower end like the Mavics would love to have a larger one, but what’s the point, the Mavics are truly transportable and everything I will ever need for what I want to get out of it

3 Likes

If The UK follows the new rules, anyone can make money from aerial photography, that won’t be the restriction.

It seems the restriction will be a combination of what you can fly (weight/mass) together with where you can fly( low risk/ high risk).

The equivalent of the PfCO should allow allow flying a heavier drone near people and property. So really will depend on what you fly and where you like to fly it!

But then again, Boris may have us out and we stay the same as now!!!

4 Likes

Would be so useful

Why not just make your own?

1 Like

How?

Design on your computer print it off and laminate. As long as it has your PfCO number on then I can’t see a problem.

2 Likes

Sounds a great idea @stevesb

When do you get your PfCO number?

2 weeks ago.