Photo editing software ideas

@milkmanchris
That for the Mac or phone cheers

1 Like

You can download both pc and Mac but can’t use at the same time as per license, I just found

1 Like

Yep I get it on one or the other , Thankyou

Never used it on phone

Mac version at

1 Like

You can download both

1 Like

It must have gone up in price recently or maybe that’s the monthly plan. I’m on the annual plan which is £9.98 per month for both PS & LR. IIRC it’s cheaper on the annual than the monthly.

1 Like

Available for both PC & Mac. As @milkmanchris said, try out Gimp, learn how to edit then if you feel you need to upgrade to PS/LR then do so.

1 Like

Thanks , you guys have give me lots of options so I’ve got my work cut out here , I no it’s not going to happen overnight but I’m all all for giving it a go
Many thanks

I’ll do that perfect ! :+1:t2:

@Drumsagard annual is 10p cheaper per month not much an insensitive

1 Like

I’ve had my subscription for 8 years now, but the difference used to a lot more than that. Just checked and I’m on the Photography Plan (20GB) at £9.98 per month (it includes Lightroom and Bridge too).

1 Like

This is what I get for £9.98 per month.

1 Like

I just want to say , when I first got a drone January 2021 , it was all about just flying wasn’t really interested to much in the photography side of things but since I’ve been a member on here and seen what’s achievable , with higher end and lower end and middle end drones it’s made me realise what it’s all about and what I’m missing out on , I know many have been doing it for years I understand it does not fall in to your lap but I guess it’s good to have a starting point , I know this might sound irrelevant but when I was at school I all-ways got A+ for art I even done art when I left school just as a hobby , very different to photography I know but I all ways used to know where the parts of the picture should be lighter or darker or what angle the light is coming in from and how to shade etc , that was why I mentioned earlier in a post we’re it’s possible to change certain things , I know how to do it in my head I just haven’t found the right tools to do it , I e just found with some of the apps you try to change one thing but it ruins something else like you have no control over grading bits separate , sorry for the babble

1 Like

So you have a 20 GB Allowance ? Is that like our data meaning you can’t go over it or if you do we get charged , thanks

1 Like

I think it’s just 20GB of cloud storage, but I never use it for anything. I’ve already got lots of other cloud storage.

1 Like

For me it was never about the flying. As a professional photographer I added drones to my equipment so that I could get photos/videos from a whole new perspective. I really don’t spend ages flying about, I do my research on the shot I want then fly the drone to that location and shoot it. Hence a lot of my flights are very short. To me a drone is just another camera.

2 Likes

Ah ok I’m with you , well I’m sure if I put the time in I’ll learn , I know it’s a bit different to this but go back 5 years ago all my friends and family would all ways come to me to put photos and movies together for Christmas , or there children growing up and family things , ok I only ever used i movie on the Mac but with the tittle editing the music I was bang on the money , all ways had them in tears ( literally ) :smile: hmm I no it’s different but I don’t know we’re I went wrong , I think my nerves get the better of me these days tbh .

1 Like

That’s exactly what goes through my head now , I’ve done my test flight call it , now it’s about the location the POI get set up , shoot pics / video etc get it home and work with it but obviously enjoy it while I’m doing it and where ever I go .

I’ve tried all the free apps you find personally it’s down to which platform your happy using, Lightroom is a smaller version of photoshop, I’ve tried both. I’m not subscribed to CS6 extended as I’m using a hacked version on the pc it’s amazing and fully functional, like wise I’m also using a hacked version of premier Pro too for the videos. Adobe does produce great software, but you have to subscribe…unless like me I found a hacked version :wink::wink:

You can try light room for free for a while to see if you like it. There are open source alternatives like DarkTable which have more or less the same features.

As with all these software packages the key is to get the picture exposure settings right, they are very good at what they can do but will do the best job if they have a good starting point. There are a few thngs that will help, make sure you get RAW images, if need be use the exposure bracketing it will give you more chance of getting the exposure correct and therfore a better starting point for Lightroom.