Photo views in Google Maps

I started quite by accident doing reviews on some of the places I’d visited and as a result I became a Local Google Guide a few years back.

I used to post the odd picture with a review on Google Maps but when I got my first drone in 2020 I started posting shots and some pano’s of the drones aerial shots along with others at ground level.

I have posted close to 300 photos and today I looked at the views they have attracted in the last 3 years. This is the screenshot.

Over a million views, wish I’d got paid for some of them! :rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

This is my most viewed photo on Google maps, taken in July 2021, no idea why so many people are looking at the Mersey Gateway Bridge.

Next one is the Dining Room on RY Britannia from June last year.

1 Like

I had 3 million on mine - this being the highest hit:

266,862 views of an empty fort is my highest

I think I’ll skip trying to get to level 10 …

My highest despite Drone shots and sunsets

Don’t you mean any of them :wink:

My highest with 359k. Bolton Abbey.

1 Like

Never even thought about checking the views. But then received this email 2 days ago from Google …

2 Likes

@clinkadink That one photo Chris has had the same number of views as my 230+ photos! :rofl: Mind you I’m guessing you’ve been at it a lot longer. Didn’t really bother with photography and video till I got my mini 2 in Jan 2021. I had one YouTube video of a holiday trip in the Lakes following ‘our kid’ and myself along the ridge called Striding Edge. Happy time! :blush:

I don’t understand why it has that many views. I have photos of Avebury and Stonehenge will a lot less views. It’s over 1.4 million now :exploding_head:

I bought my first drone, the Mavic Air, in December 2020, that’s when I started. So only a few weeks before you mate.

1 Like

@clinkadink Surprised me that Chris, but were you into Photography before that? I look back at my photo’s before joining GADC and have to reach quickly for the family sick bowl. :rofl::rofl:

Yes, with the DSLR, so was already familiar with PS, etc :+1: