Picture and video transfer to Apple iPad advice

I have a Mavic Mini and use either my iPad or iPhone for storage, editing and publishing.
To transfer files I need to switch everything on and plug it all, I’m good with that so far.

If I bought a card reader to lightening can I choose where the files go to?, do I need to convert the files as the DJI Sky app appears to do some converting?
And finally can I wipe the card clean using my pad/phone.

I really don’t want to buying a laptop or PC just for this.
All advice appreciated.

I’m assuming this is for an iPad so I’ve edited the topic title.

According to # 4 on this page, yes, you can:

According to # 5 on that same page, yes, you can.

No.

1 Like

Also consider google photos, use your card reader to upload all the files on the SD card there.

Free, and good quality

:scream:

iCloud man, wtf?! :rofl:

2 Likes

Much appreciated. I will invest in a card reader.

1 Like

Will you buy a genuine Apple one @Alecmilner? Or risk a third party?

£10 amazon special, never had an issue

SD Card Reader for i Phone i Pad, WamGra Camera Card Viewer Reader SD Card Reader Adapter Compatible with i Phone 5/5s/6/6s/6 Plus/7/7 Plus/i Pad Mini/Air -No App Required

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B071GQP25Z/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_nIw1Eb6ZHMMGJ

1 Like

Yup, I use the same, never had an issue.

1 Like

“WamGra”?

Where do they get these names from? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I use one of these,

Not sure if that’s the best deal for it at the mo, bought mine from Banggood a couple of years ago.

Works very well. Can also take photos from a Android device that has a USB C port to an iOS device without losing quality. Can copy photos/videos straight to your camera roll.

Need to use an app called iUSB Pro to do the transfers.

Get yourself a Ravpower FileHub about £40 on Amazon great to transfer especially on Apple, look it up on YouTube it’s a great peace of kit and easy to set up and use

Currently about £35

I have a Kingston Travelite (a good few years old now but very similar), its a great tool just held back by slow speeds, good for a media server for the kids on long journeys and sharing hotel wi-fi when the buggers charge per device ;o(

https://www.amazon.co.uk/RAVPower-FileHub-Wireless-Portable-Transfer/dp/B07MZT543W/ref=sr_1_3?adgrpid=57239209598&dchild=1&hvadid=274896426417&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=9046286&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=e&hvrand=2979845084200384619&hvtargid=kwd-296743802131&hydadcr=4397_1795148&keywords=filehub%2Bravpower&qid=1591083402&sr=8-3&th=1

1 Like

I’ve ordered an Amazon one like below for £7.99 on Prime so will get it today. I will report my findings.

1 Like

I do the same

1 Like

Looks great, ordered one. Thank for the heads up.

1 Like

Lives in camera bag, don’t use a lot as you can share from most apps to Insta etc, handy though for emptying a card to the cloud of you run short

I have a third party Belkin and works perfect, takes various card as well

1 Like

I went ahead and bought a sd to lightening card reader. £7.99 from Amazon and works great.

2 Likes

I got one from Amazon as it reads up to 256GB, there are some similar looking ones that only read 32GB, so do be aware and check with which ever one you get.

1 Like