pix4D 3D mapping on Mavic Air exported to .obj file

I recently did a bit of mapping work for a big estate in Scotland (and doing some more next year!) and was quite pleased with what you get do using pix4d (free trial) and exporting the .obj file set into a viewer on your phone or laptop… here’s the results…

VIDEO-2018-12-14-22-49-38.mp4 (6.0 MB)

1 Like

That does look a load of fun to tinker with. Shame it’s so 'king expensive long term.

1 Like

Yup! I’ve yet to find an opensource way to process the data and produce the point-cloud/mesh without using either Drone Deploy or Pix4d. They’ve got us by the short n curlys and they know it!

1 Like

Each time I try to ‘open’ the video file (for viewing) I get logged out of the forum and have to hit refresh to get back in, below is not an actual screen shot but this is what it says (excluding the javascript text part).

You were logged out.
[Refresh](javascript::wink:

So I have to hit 'Refresh to log back into Grey Arrows.

I’m using firefox on win10.

I have tried to view the video 3 times now with the same consequences, I have no idea what causes me to be logged out, no big deal for me and this is not a complaint.

Just thought that this might be of interest to the mods.

Cheers,
John

Strange … but you might find right-clicking the link and selecting “Save target as” might download it, and then you can open it locally.

Try this instead.

3 Likes

@Longstride your youtube video post works just fine.

No conflict with Grey Arrows log out\ in.

Cheers.

@rorymax Think it was the .mp4 on OP that other user couldnt open. I put the youtube up as a workaround. Cheers