Planes flying low over head

Was sitting in garden when in about 30 min period, 5 small single man planes flew over head, there are 2 airports nearby but I’m definately not in a nfz, but they were so low, I’d easily have got my spark to that height. Curiosity, where do I stand regarding flying my drone in that situation? If I was in air, I’d have landed to be safe, but what is the law regarding this?

1 Like

I think that it is a case of manned aircraft always have priority over unmanned aircraft,pretty sure thats the case,anybody knows otherwise,please feel free to correct me …:wink::wink::wink:

1 Like

As @FIREFOX says, drones are required to get out of the way where there is a conflict in the airspace your flying in. You just need to descend to a safe height. It’s happened a couple of times to me, once on my PfCO flying assessment!

1 Like

In Llanelli? You’re not so close to any airport that a fixed wing plane should be at 400ft, even more so over a town!

Five of them? Something’s wrong if that’s the case.

2 Likes

Hey Mike - just down the road (ish) from you in Bridgend so happy to swap locations…

Other than that I have nothing to add to the topic … [fx: sneaks off hoping nobody noticed] :joy:

1 Like

Now that’s class :clap:

1 Like

OK, maybe bit of an exaggeration, I am useless at judging size tho, keep telling the wife that it’s 12 inches but reslly more like 6 inches. But they did look close enough that I could have got close to them.

1 Like

Nice, always looking for people close to me, need to get out flying with someone, hopefully pick up some advice off you. :+1:

1 Like