Pleasure Island - Cleethorpes

Pleasure Island (with roller coasters etc) was closed in 2013 and has sat derelict since then. The plan is now to put 272 holiday lodges on there, and two hotels. It’s still under ‘consideration’ by the local authority.

12 Likes

Holiday lodges are fine, but you also need things to do, that was why Pleasure Island was popular, but sadly failed investment caused it’s demise

3 Likes

Pleasure Island used to be so popular, l don’t know why it closed. Real shame for Cleethorpes

3 Likes

My first ever flight with a drone was over here when it first closed in 2016, I must try to dig it out

Lack of investment/poor management and dwindling customers caused its closure.

Loads of YouTube explores and drone footage of you have a search

3 Likes

Isn’t that place an FPV flyers wet dream? :rofl:

3 Likes

I was there on the last day that it was open. I did an AV for it - will try to find it again. I recollect though that the music I used is copyright so can’t put it on here… It was a great place, and there’s nothing like it any more in Clee… such a shame.

2 Likes

return visit with your newly acquired fpv kit?

2 Likes

If this happens - I’m so there as an observer… Would love to see the results… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Will look at some dates, I also want to do the Kasbah and old ice house in Grimsby at the same time

2 Likes

Deal, although the Ice house is all but ruined from what I read on an urbex forum recently.

Correction - i’m thinking of a place close by but not the factory

1 Like

Might be more a wander and camera drone thing there, also good shots can be had of the car carrying ships coming in and out.

Shame there is no fishing fleet to speak of anymore.

If we are making a day of it there is also the Sand Forts ;o)

1 Like

lets go the whole hog and i’ll bring some 2p’s for the slot machines :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Brilliant… I’m up for all of that!!!

2 Likes

Sounds like a plan for mobile meet / tour :+1:t2:

I’d tag along too, if the dates fit

1 Like

I loved that theme park, oh that is so sad. Great video

2 Likes