Police!

Don’t get confused between Airspaces and No Fly Zones. The vast majority of the UK is covered by controlled airspaces of one classification or another. You are permitted to fly within certain airspace’s but with any DJI craft the firmware will severely limit you within NFZ areas - the nearer to the centre, the more severe it is.

Looking at your map I would say that the craft will fly legally around Mawgan Porth, within a NFZ but not within the inner red circle, but the firmware will limit it.

So from a police drone unit point of view I’m not breaking the law?

1 Like

I had a look on the DJI NFZ map @SharkBait as it differs wildly from Altitude Angel / NATS maps.

I’m going with Barry on this one, you’ll be fine in the Mawgan Porth area but full on grounded in the red/orange here:

One query here. Say if I’m up in the Grampians sometimes the RAF come Zooming past in their jets what height do these guys fly because I know it’s very low.

They’re usually above ground level … just … :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I looked into this.

It’s supposed to be 250ft minimum for fast jets in LFAs. LFA 14 & 16 covers large part of scotland.

100ft in TTAs (tactical training area). There are 3 in UK and 14T is in highlands and 20T borders.

2 Likes

If your concerned the MOD publish a timetable for tactical training areas although nothing for the wider LFAs.

There is also a hotline you can call on the day with your intended location and they will tell you if low flying is scheduled.

Also check NOTAMS for low flying activity.

Unsure how accurate this is but was told there is no fast jet low flying at the weekends.

Have you got a link for that @callum? Handy resource :+1:t2:

1 Like

Low flying timetable (TTAs)

Low level advisory service
Telephone: 0800 515544

Low flying information for England, Wales and Scotland
SWK-lowflying@mod.gov.uk
Telephone: 01780 417558
Monday to Friday, 8:00am to 4:00pm

2 Likes

Thanks @callum :+1:

Thank you, Some good information here. Just shows 99.99% of us want to follow the rules and its only idiots that don’t.