Poor Quality RAW Images

Thank you all for your response to my question and your helpful advice , it may well be that my free version of photoshop express is not suitable however until my son loads the image onto his computer and checks it I can’t confirm that …however the good news or very good news is that he’s confirmed that 2 installations are permitted so I’ve agreed to go halves on the subscription , thank you very much Dave. I will let you know the outcome of the photo quality when up loaded onto his software …to give you an idea what the image was like I could zoom in and read the name of a fairground cafe in the JPEG image but in raw it was totally unreadable almost pixelated …thanks again all …Alan

My ‘go to’ is another free app Rawtherapee

RawTherapee - Home

and of course Gimp

GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

The Adobe subscription allows you to install the programs on two computers.

@grahammoore …thanks graham that certainly appears to be correct , my son is going to install it onto my laptop at the weekend …Alan

Hi all , my son thought Photoshop would be too complicated for my ancient brain so he has installed lightroom on my laptop for me to play with , the raw image in question opens fine so there’s no problem with the camera on my air 2, he’s quickly gone through the edit possibilities my head’s pickled hope I can remember half of it too start , thanks all for your input and consider question solved …Alan

2 Likes

YouTube is your friend

1 Like

@milkmanchris …thanks Chris I will bear that in mind if I have a senile moment :thinking: