PowerDirector 16 Ultra

thinking of buying cyberlink PowerDirector 16 Ultra video editing to use with the mavic pro footage. works out about £55 downloaded. Any thoughts please

I have PowerDirect 15, all paid for, almost never use because I later discovered the free version of Davinci Resolve.

I found DR was quicker/better at previewing colour changes, transistions, etc … is far more efficient at not cluttering up your HDD with massive temporary files, and performs the final render quicker.

I also found that it was more intuitive to get started. And, whilst it’s the feature reduced version of the £££ Studio version, there’s still loads more than I’m capable of understanding/remembering/being worthy.
Even the .pdf manual is >1300 pages (which does include the paid-for stuff) … which gives you an idea of its pedigree.

But I’m really pleased I made that step, though.

2 Likes

I use Powerdirector 16 Ultra. I couldn’t get DR to work as expected on my laptop, the next best for me was Filmora but found Powerdirector had more features that I liked. It runs fine once it has created the shadow files to edit and takes about 1 hour to render a 4 minute 4k video. If I use the colordirector first it takes a lot longer to edit and render so I don’t bother. Photodirector is pretty good for stills and less resource hungry than Lightroom. Do you have to pay for it? … Oh! :shushing_face:

1 Like

Yes it’s about £55 :scream:

Use Blackmagic Design Davinci Resolve - it’s free and way better than Power Director (which I also have). Save the money towards an extra battery.

3 Likes