PowerEgg X, not as fertile as I’d hoped

Tesco… humph. The only thing they’ve sent me in 4yrs on their panel is a “don’t give up hope eMail” :slight_smile:

SWMBO is on the Morphy Richards panel and we’ve had several irons, a toaster, a steam floor mop, a hoover (had to go back for a fault) and a winter / summer bed warmer / cooler under ‘sheet’ without the cooler / heater and it made my back ache :slight_smile:

1 Like

I bought it myself, albeit off eBay, as an open box item for less than the cost of a Mavic Mini, and that included the Waterproof kit which hadn’t been opened.

I must admit I had feelings it was a scam at first as the seller posted the original cost of the package. But as the seller had a very positive history I felt I had nothing to lose other than my dignity.

Powervision asked me if I would test the firmware and the APP and provide feedback and edits for them in exchange for a Power Care package, which I’m happy to do. Not much else to do until the weather improves.

Nidge.

2 Likes

Hi Nidge, I have the PowerEgg not the X and have been using the Vision+ app on my iPhone 6S. I did not even realise there was a Vision +2 app. I have taken it out twice and have been very pleased with the performance of the drone and the camera. I also have not had any problems with the App. I have just installed the Vision +2 app and am having issues, you could try the older app and see if that improves things a bit?

Vass

2 Likes

Hi @Vass

The Vision+2 APP was only written for the PowerDolphin and PEX so unfortunately it won’t work with the original PowerEgg.

I was hoping to take advantage of the close out sale of the original PowerEgg, in the States it had been discounted to $250 but the word never reached the UK market where those dealers that still have it in stock are still asking near full retail.

I was able to take the PEX out for a proper run yesterday and I’m very impressed with it. It’s one of the most stable performing camera ships I’ve used to date and it’s positioning accuracy is quite incredible. One test I made was to fly out to a distance of 1km and allow it to auto RTL. It landed smack bang on the very spot it took off from.

One smallish bug I as able to identify with the APP is after an AI mode is used and you switch back to normal mode the Gimbal does not return to centre unless you land and power cycle the drone itself. I’ve passed the info onto Powervision so hopefully it’ll be rectified shortly.

Nidge

2 Likes

Any updates on your Poweregg @Nidge? Is it getting much airtime?

1 Like

Hi Rich.

Unfortunately due to the Pandemic and my own health issues I’ve not had the opportunity to fly anything other than test hovers and some micro FPV action around the garden.

There have been some major Firmware and APP updates in the last two months for the PEX. The last update, that was released a few days ago, addressed the issues encountered with European Samsung devices, that use a different chipset to the rest of the World. I just can’t remember where I put my S7 after I upgraded to the P30 so I can test this. The FW release last month heavily improved the camera performance, especially the 4K@60fps, which had a frame drop issue which averaged 3fps.

I’m hoping to get out sometime in the next few days to test it more along with a bunch of builds and upgrades I need to get into the air.

Nidge.

2 Likes