Powervision PowerEgg X Maiden

Disclaimer:

I have absolutely no clue what I’m doing when it comes to video editing and rendering. I used Davinci to stitch and render which took bloody ages as it could only manage three frames a second on my miserable excuse of a PC.

Flights were done during intervals of fixed wing flying and air crash investigations/retrieval’s.

Shot totally in auto mode at 1080x1920 60fps for the sake of speed and simplicity.

Nidge.

https://youtu.be/krTpIFAYoTs

11 Likes

Well done a bit too fast my eyes could not take the strain :joy: DR is great but you do need a good video editing board and large Power supply it destroyed the VE on my last PC the new one handles it fine​:thinking::pray::smiley:

1 Like

Nice one Nidge. Wouldn’t mind having a go on one of them eggs!!

1 Like

Thank you Dave.

Editing is the big issue at the moment. I have two PC’s, a desktop AMD Athlon running XP and Linux, and a Laptop using an Athlon A10 of some six years vintage on W10. So essentially I’m bringing a pointy stick to a gun fight.

Nidge

Thank you, @Sundowner.

It really does fly well but the APP still needs some improving.

Nidge

:joy::joy::joy:good analogy my last PC was only 3 years old but was only good for my business stuff then I retired and got into drones and editing and it feel over lights on nobody home, so I took it to local shop and told them to let me know the damage. Video editing board up the Swanee so I told them that whatever size video editing board was needed for DR then let me know the price, well what’s started out as a £150 sobs job ended up well you also need a bigger power supply and none of that will fit in your small HP box so I ended up forking out over £1000 it’s never ending. I cannot stop buying drone stuff :thinking::scream::joy::pray:

You and me both, Dave.

What started out as a bit of fun with a little Hubsan X4 seven years ago completely spiralled out of control. I have now promised myself that there’s to be no more drug induced (I take morphine for severe chronic pain) eBay/Amazon/Shpock/Gumtree/etc crazy time with my credit card, and I should start acting my age and not my shoe size.

Nidge.

I love morphine but stick to pregabalin and docilapin for my fibromyalgia so I kind of know where your coming from I discovered HBOT just over a year ago and now work as a volunteer, it gives my a better quality of life you should check it out but I love my magic pro must start stripping it down see if I can find the cause of my gimbal problem in high winds

1 Like

Thats got a nice camera - eerrmm there was a lot of “sheep spotting” going on - its ok, no questions asked. :blush:
Have you tried it in “water mode” yet ?

1 Like

Thank you, Ted.

The camera has got better since the initial release of the PEX. Early adopters complained about the image being soft in the corners and some vignetting. To their credit Powervision where quick to respond and fix those teething problems. It doesn’t have the bit rate of the M2P’s but to be honest I don’t think most whom tout such numbers actually understand the relevance.

As for the sheep… In this part of the country they’re like rats, meaning you’re rarely too far from one. When they start getting too close to the strip we chase them off with the odd 33% scale Edge or 1/4 scale Spitfire. :smiling_imp:

Nidge.

1 Like