Practicing flying around a church in Rugeley, Staffordshire, after weather stopped play!

After the appalling weather recently, I decided to revisit a Church I used for an RTF comp in 2022.

Although, it’s reasonably hard to lose flying motive skills once learned, I felt I needed a brush up so the St Joseph & St Etheldreda Church was the donor subject of choice as access and therefor VLOS is pretty good.

I had a good time brushing up the skills and there were no Karens or Kens to be seen or heard. :laughing: :partying_face:

Drone Scene entry Here

12 Likes

Really enjoyed that Colin. Nice variety of transitions.

I bought a mini 4 pro about 6 weeks ago, so am very new to this. I am getting used to the controls and try hard to get smooth filming I have slowed down gimbal and yaw. The biggest challenge is editing. I use Power Director 15. My finished films always seem jerky in 4k. Not sure if my laptop is up to scratch.

@Guy617 We’ve all been there Ian. I use 4K @ 30FPS. I watched the YT video below many moons ago now that showed you the settings to use in Cine mode and his moves on the RC sticks were superimposed on the video in real time. It uses the mini 2 drone but the principle is the same. It was a game changer for me. I also use Davinci Resolve free version that can stabilise or adjust fps in post and on the same timeline; but it needs a pretty high end setup to run smoothly.

Hey Colin. Thanks for the reply. That stick control video is excellent. I need plenty of practice.

I did download davinci resolve so I will give it another look. Cheers. Ian.

1 Like