Problems syncing flight logs on GO4 and Fly and Airdata

Continuing the discussion from: Clocked up 500km/1000km (Long Haul Flyer’s Club)

I only just saw this and thought I’d check to see how far I have flown with the DJI drones; Mavic Air 2, 2 x Mini 2’s and now a Mavic 2 Pro. But noticed that the data is separate between the Fly app and the Go4 app.

Example:

• Fly app shows 27.6 hours, 202km, 227 flights … for 3 drones MA2, 2 x Mini 2 … from Day 1 until today.
  • Go4 app shows 2hr 58m, 167,437ft, 15 flights … for M2P only from 22/12/2021 until today (9 days ago I bought the M2P).

Is the data meant to be synced across both apps? If so, how? And if not … that sucks.

AirData only goes back to 29/08/21, and shows 197 flights, 23hrs 46mins, 127 miles.

It’s all gone a bit Pete Tong.

1 Like

@PingSpike or @milkmanchris … do you have any suggestions on how I can resolve this?

I don’t expect AirData to show from Day 1 (29/12/2020), but it would be nice.

But I would expect DJI to centrally syncronise my flight data, regardless of whether I’m using the DJI Fly app or the DJI Go4 app. I am logged in to DJI on both apps using my same account. Perhaps there is a box I haven’t ticked :man_shrugging:

I just checked and my GO4 and Fly are not in sync.

However, I did spend a long time on a custom rolled GO4 and then even longer on Litchi so I might not be the best person to check with on this one.

This though, is the main reason I use Airdata as it merges the logs from GO3, GO4, Fly, Litchi and even the Autel drones, all in to one place.

Are you on a paid-for Airdata plan? If so, I’d open a support ticket as they should have all your flights.

1 Like

Thanks Rich. That is good to know.

Yes I have a paid account.

As you can see, I have 7 pages of flights, the oldest being 29/08/2021 … so I am missing about 8 months.

It should even on a free plan (even though you only have 100 flights to show)

I did start on the free plan, but upgraded about a week later to the HD360 plan. As you can see below, I still have nearly 200 flights before my 400 limit.

Just sent this to AirData support … thanks Chaps.

Hello, I have an HD360 paid account, but AirData is only showing 202 of my flights from 29/08/2021, and not all my flights from 29/12/2020. It is missing the first 8 months of my flights. These flights show in the DJI Fly app. I was using the DJI Mavic Air 2 and the DJI Mini 2 at the time. How can this be corrected so that AirData shows “all” my flights?

1 Like

I have always backed up all my flight logs - from the several phones I’ve used - to laptop to ensure I have everything … even for the considerable time before I got an AirData account.

2 Likes

Thanks for tidying the Long Haul thread up and moving this here.

Just an update, I think I have resolved the issue.

I also noticed that the DJI Go4 app on my phone and tablet were only showing their own flights. So I hit the cloud sync icon in the top right on both devices. Then loaded AirData app on both devices and selected ‘Sync Now’. Waited a few minutes, then checked AirData. Good news, it now shows all my flights from Day 1 until yesterday :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

The Active Flights has just increased by 38 :clap: and scrolling back to the last page, it shows my first flight.

4 Likes

So whilst I have your attention :pray: … do you know why …

1. The Go4 app auto-uploads photos (on the phone and tablet), but the Fly app does not

2. Does the AirData flight overview page base its stats, e.g. ‘Total Kilometrage’ on the Active Flights, i.e. those flights within your plan, or all flights from Day 1 regardless of whether they have been archived?

1 Like

In my case its total flights, as I only have the 100 flight plan.

1 Like

That’s reassuring. I hoping that to be the case. Cheers Chris :+1:

After you reach your plan limit, it just limits the flights you can display the details for. The totals continue.

3 Likes

110km in 27 days :flushed: … I wish DJI did air miles :wink:

1 Like

There’s a setting in the Fly app, under ‘camera’ to turn photo synching on or off

Cheers Martin, yes, I figured it out after a lot of tinkering. It’s working 100% now, all data (flights and photos) are syncing with Airdata. Cheers for the pointer though mate :+1:

1 Like