Project Great Orme

Iā€™m running out of ways to say thanksšŸ¤£. Nice onešŸ‘.
I actually had more footage. Some from the gun emplacements and the car park at the topā€¦but thought it had gone on a tad too long already :rofl:.
Thanks again.

:+1: :+1: :laughing: :laughing:

Well done. Nice variety of shots, music and interesting facts. It must have taken some work to film and edit! Appreciating the sound design too. :clap: :clap:

Great video of a beautiful area.

1 Like

Many thanks :+1:.
Regarding the sound. I always find it quite difficult trying to find the right tracks, and you canā€™t please everybody, music is an individual taste.
Iā€™ve Subbed to a music site for my tracks now, there seems to be more of what Iā€™ve been looking for there, but weā€™ll see. The tracks Iā€™ve chosen I do actually like to listen to,they are by an artist who goes by the name of Roof.
I also dabbled in a few sound effects for the first time, just to try and give it that extra dimentionšŸ˜. A few seagulls and a couple of goat noises seemed to do the trickšŸ¤£

At a guessā€¦
40gb footage
4hrs flight time
12hrs post
40,000 steps
1 blister
1 Headache off the missus.

All worth it though it seemsšŸ¤£
Thanks again

2 Likes

Yes, it`s the reality that content of this type requires an immense amount of work but the results speak for them selves.

For me, music choice is something I focus on quite early in the editing process. Its a decision thats not taken lightly and has a huge impact in complimenting the pace/tone of the video content. I now use epidemic sound which is a paid subscription.

Not many take the time to add sound design but like you have said, it adds another dimension to your edits. Just have to be careful to not over do it.

I`ve subbed to your Youtube channel, keep up the good work.

Many thanks :+1:

Tonightā€™s ā€œTake a Hikeā€ show on BBC 2 - is wa lk around the Great Orme - on now but probably available on iPlayer should anyone wish to watch :+1:

Just watched it :grinning:

Iā€™ll give that a go, and try and catch it on iplayerā€¦ compare footage :rofl:, thanks Johnā€‹:+1:. Nothing else to do better after testing positive for covid :woozy_face:

Just watched :+1:. I should get onto the lawyers, at least 3 shots of mine have been highjackedā€‹:rofl:.

Joking apart, good little walk around, it did miss out shed loads, not maybe the best advert for the Orme.

Those cream cakes from the caf are exceptional, I can attest to that :crazy_face:. They are massive! The pasties what they do bang on aswell.

I have footage of west shore, where they descended to, was intending on adding to this vidā€¦it would have ended being wayyyy too long. Itā€™s saved for the Llandudno 2 vid that Iā€™m going to do :grin:

Liked and subbed, great history text

Thank youšŸ‘

Another article just popped up ā€¦

ā€¦ underground reservoir ā€¦ Avata flight Ady @Leylo1971 ??? :thinking: :crazy_face:

Hahaā€‹:rofl::rofl::rofl:.

I was only reading about them reservoirs yesterday when they popped up on the news feed, and had exactly the same thought John @Jhdee :rofl:.

Great minds think alike :rofl:.