Pye Green Tower

Another learning curve lol,finally got a flight in after all this bad weather, getting a bit of confidence now, although I didn’t realise how close to the tower I was when I clicked rth

5 Likes

Love the clip, you’re brave with the VLOS :ok_hand: great colours surrounding the tower :ok_hand::ok_hand:

2 Likes

The only time I lost sight was as it went round the tower, if you check I ascended so I could see it again :grin::grin::+1:

1 Like

You may want to check your gimbal calibration.

Facing in both directions objects (tower/horizon) appear to be slightly rotated to the right.

1 Like

I normally do a calibration before every flight but was so eager to get out in the sun I didn’t bother :confused: that’ll teach me

1 Like

You do a gimbal calibration (not compass calibration) before every flight? You’re probably the only person that does.

1 Like

Yes a gimbal calibration lol just something I heard along the grapevine that it doesn’t hurt to be over cautious

1 Like

I’ve done one in two years … when I replaced the gimbal. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

On the Mavic, there’s a wheel on the controller that allows for in-flight horizon adjustment … easily caught by accident (I discovered in the early days). If there is on the P4, you may have done the same … and this adjustment is not removed by a gimbal recalibration … IIRC.

1 Like

Hold C1 and right thumbwheel turn should adjust it in flight (I’m sure it’s same as Mavic)

2 Likes

Ah sorry my bad, looked like you took of and landed in that dense forest and flew to the tower.

1 Like

Lmao I was on the edge of it in a little clearing to take off then walked 50yds to edge of road never losing sight of drone buddy, not worth it with some of the peeps from the chase, proper jobs worths :grin::grin::+1:

2 Likes

Cheers buddy I’ll try that next flight :grin::+1:

1 Like

Just tried C2 and right dial and definitely alters it, I’ll have a play in flight next time, thanks lads another thing I’ve learned :grin::grin::+1:

3 Likes

Looking at that pic do I need to pitch the gimbal to the right or the left, I’ve got a mental blockage, I call it one of my blonde moments even though I’m bald :joy::joy::joy: see through hair pmsl

To the right (clockwise). You need your image to rotate anti-clockwise relative to the sensor.

1 Like

Cheers Dave :+1::+1::+1:

Wow - how far was it to the Tower. I am amazed but glad that you didn’t get any interference from all the tower bits and bobs. Good clip thanks.

2 Likes

About 1/2 a mile, i could just see the P4 as a black dot lol need a strobe for it :grin::grin::+1:

2 Likes

@Matty1
Wow… 3:05 was bloody close, you lucky devil.
Cheers
Steve :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like