RAF Upwood 2K4

Hi folks, due to yet another surgery I have been quiet as of late. But im back (again) and my first upload is of yet another visit to RAF Upwood.
Its a great place to fly with easy access and no chance of hastle from the joe public.

This is also my first video to contain footage from my new Avata. I did do some flying through buildings etc but I havnt featured any of that here. (still learning and footage wasnt great.)

Bumped into a group of FPV pilots and had a good chat while we were there.

Anyway. here it is, I hope you enjoy it.

16 Likes

Sorry to hear that. :scream:

Glad to hear that. :+1:

1 Like

@group-fpv
Guys, we wondering about access to this place.
Sounds to still be good
When we get a promising Sunday weatherwise, I’ll post a meetup :+1:

3 Likes

As long it’s near a pub

Not far from the Big Meet field :thinking:

2 Likes

excuse for another day out :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Incidentally, i did forget to say. My first visit here was in 2019/2020 and i was under the ompression that the place was to be leveled very soon after. But, like many other things covid put a stop to that and so a good 70% of it is still standing.

Went back there last weekend to for some practice with the Avata. So @Steviegeek to answer your question, yes it was filmed recently. This footage was from end of feb but as of last weekend access is still perfect, you can park in the grounds. There are no fences to climb etc. Just park up, find a spot and fly.

If anyone goes, let me know, i will join you as its a great spot. Plus i now know the place like the back of my hand and can tell you where all the best grafiti is and which building has been ‘modified’ specifically for you fpv boys.

3 Likes

Having had a very lucky year with not breaking much and then that comes “crashing down” last weekend with the death of my T1 ranger, here we are suggesting nice easy access bandos… bye bye quads hello RAF Upwood. Looks and sounds great location for it

Turns out this is only about an hour from me - definitely adding to my list! :grinning:

1 Like

This was before some of it was Knocked down.

And this is a small walk around.

That was the year it was meant to be demoloished.

1 Like

I thought there was security at the entrance, driven past and wondered about visiting.

Nope, no security, no patroles. Besides its the main entrance for the industrial estate next door. They cant stop people going in.

2 Likes

I’m planning on visiting tomorrow morning, best see what’s around before it get demolished in future. Thanks for head’s up :+1:

good day to visit and fantastic location to wander around

2 Likes