Raymond Blanc's Royal Kitchen Gardens

Well, I’ve been sitting on this for 18 months now… but it’s finally on the tellybox.

I got to spend a couple of days at the Castle of Mey (ep.2) and Dumfries House (ep.3) filming for this. A great experience, and amazing to get the opportunity to fly in these locations.

I’m used to editing my own footage which means it’s only me who sees the absolute garbage I end up deleting. It’s very different experience, sending somebody almost 400GB of raw footage with no idea what they’ll then use or how they’ll edit it. So I’ve been really (really) nervous about this (and even convinced myself they mightn’t use it at all)… but there were a few short clips of mine in the introduction to episode 1 on Sunday morning so at least ten seconds of it was good enough for Raymond Blanc :wink:

15 Likes

Great achievement I will have the planner set for Sunday lunch.

Hopefully there be one of these glorious badges coming your way as there to be cherished …I’m really proud of my plonker badge :joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Thanks Mark. I do like my badges. Often tempted to add my plonker one as my title :wink:

1 Like

You’re on … I guess.

Which clips are yours?

I wasn’t there on the day Raymond Blanc went (I was there about six months earlier with the production team whilst they scouted the locations). So, so far, I’m recognising everything taken by drone without him in it. :+1:

Especially chuffed with the clip they use to come in and out of the ad breaks.

Of course, imposter syndrome means I’m still half convinced they had somebody recreate all the footage I sent them and none of this is mine… :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Seen some great clips. :clap:

Oooo … that clip just then over the rocks. :+1:

1 Like

Had a lot of fun zipping back and forth along the beach using up the last bits of battery charges at the end of the shoot :slight_smile:

1 Like

And your credit at the end. :+1:

Celebrity Badge awarded.

3 Likes

And, let’s be honest, you know I did it more for that badge than for the pay :wink: :rofl:

4 Likes

SO MANY drone pilots get credits on TV progs … but 99% of them don’t get that badge! :wink:

1 Like

Glad to see your priorities are still right after all these years :smiley:

2 Likes

JoeC

2 Likes

I should hope so, after all it was a GADC prize that captured the footage :rofl:

3 Likes

Back at Dumfries House tomorrow, just down the road from me. ITV/STV at 11:30am. :+1:

1 Like

In the credits again. :+1: (Not for Red Eye … :stuck_out_tongue: )

Celebrity badge awarded.

2 Likes