Ready for my first flight!

That sounds like a good suggestion, and you never know, I might even record something good😎

1 Like

Ok that’s good

Hi 550Pete - is there a model flying club near you that will tolerate drones?
If so you’ll get some unstressed space in which to fly - most certainly loads of advice (good and bad) and your membership will probably include PLI

• Oh and welcome, looking forward to seeing Cornwall - are you going to do the flying along the cliffs “Poldark” stuff - love it already! :handshake:

Hi stridingsandal, and many thanks for your suggestion, makes a lot of sense🤔. Not sure if there are any model plane flying clubs anywhere near me, I’ll do some research. Was hoping to get my first flight today but unexpected visitors put paid to my plans!

Hahaha, oh yes, ALL the Poldark location, well at least those that are allowed. I’m very fortunate living in the extreme south west of Cornwall and looking forward to getting some stunning coastal footage and gorgeous sunrises and sunsets, must get my first flights sometime this week, I’m like a kid waiting for Xmas!

1 Like

Hi @550Pete, funny enough, I came from Saint Agnes a month ago, and I would agree with you. Some of the most dramatic locations that I have come across are there, but also, quite a few restrictions. I took my drone there, only to leave it in the bag for fears to get into trouble. There where so many restrictions, that I gave up. I am sure, been local you would be able to find some amazing spots awayt from airfields and militar bases.

Looking forward to the content :wink:

Hi Mind_the_gap, glad you enjoyed St Agnes, but what a shame you couldn’t enjoy flying your drone. I live in Mullion Cove, which is unfortunately directly inline with one of the runways of the Predannack RNAS airfield, so ironically although I live on the coast with few neighbours, I can’t even test fly in my own large garden!

Having checked the maps for NFZ’s I have come up with a viable shortlist of hopeful sites, so fingers crossed I’ll be able to get some decent footage. I’m a videographer and have produced several music video’s that would really have been elevated with the addition of good aerial footage, and clients often ask about drone shots for their productions, hence my decision to purchase my drone, and if all goes to plan get my PfCO so that I can fly for cash as well as fun!

As soon as I get some decent shots I’ll share them - hopefully😉

Now it makes more sense. Still, been a videographer you will be used to colour grading and all that. I struggle so much with that…

Colour grading is a black art, takes years of experience to be really good. I edit I Final Cut Pro X and colour grade with Cinema Grade which makes the process a bit easier and quicker, I’m still learning every time I edit a new project!

2 Likes