Recommendations for FPV beginner

Please can you make some suggestions for an FPV for a beginner. Sub £500 with goggles. Never done anything in this area but I’d love to give it a try. Happy with 2nd hand :+1:t3:

Is a good place to start :+1:t2:

4 Likes

Thanks buddy

1 Like

Am I reading the specs correctly? 5-6 mins flight time per battery?

If you’re lucky lol :+1:t2:

Welcome to FPV :grin:

It takes 2 batteries as its 2S

But yes 5-6 minutes is pretty standard across any size FPV quad.

Buy plenty of spare batteries :+1:t2: the charger that comes in that kit will charge 6 at a time :+1:t2:

1 Like

I’m sure I can crash & destroy it well under 5 mins :rofl:

Seriously, is that an FPV thing? Very short flight times? I’m migrating from an M2P and even then got frustrated with 20 mins

Yes 5-6 minutes is pretty standard for FPV it’s why we either buy lots of batteries or charge in the field :+1:t2:

Batteries are cheaper than your mavic lol for the price of 1 mavic battery you’d probably get about 6 packs for a 5inch quad (similar size to the mavic)

OK, cool… Thanks again :+1:t3:

No worries, always glad to help :+1:t2:

You can build quads and wings with longer flight times for cruising. Wings can be built that will go for an hour.

It’s all relative.

For a camera drone where you’re essentially pushing around a flying tripod it is a short time. However when flying FPV five to six minutes can feel along time when the adrenaline is pumping.

Imagine flying like this for the equivalent time of a Mavic Pro.

It’s hard to believe that video hasn’t been speeded up 6x :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:… But I’m sure it probably is in real time… I don’t have any desire to fly quite like that (and throw up into my goggles I reckon)… Quite extraordinary :exploding_head:

I think I’d quite like to try and build my own drone at some stage too… Again, any pointers on how a novice would get into that?

1 Like

We can help you. Also, Oscar Liang is a good site for reference.

Many people have said the same thing, but this is South Korean Champion race pilot Mincham Kim.

For a first time build and can recommend Unmannedtech’s own FPV C2 Flea.

The reason being this can be put together using just the supplied screwdriver, no soldering. It also flys great without having to go through the tune process. Being a whoop it’s very forgiving in crashes, and when flying indoors you don’t have to worry about damaging anything due to the foam trimmed ducts.

1 Like

From what I’ve researched do far
Get some half decent, universal goggles (Fatshark or similar) ~ £150
Universal controller ~ £250
Start off with a novice drone like 1-2 people suggested (Tinyhawk etc).

But could try and build a starter drone as I’m interested in understanding the electronics & engineering involved too. Love model making but get a bit bored with painting all the detail… So see this as a natural progression potentially

Love that suggestion! Cheers chap

1 Like

Nah you can get a universal tx way cheaper

Ah, that is one of, if not the, fastest pilot in the world. He was at Bardwell’s house at the weekend. JB has a video of it where he mentions that even FPV racers think his videos are speeded up.

Likewise wanting to get into fpv for the first time. Limited budget: £270 tops. The goalposts keep moving. Started off attracted by the 4k geroc tinygo then the other fpv rtf kits then cobra X/ betafpv literadio/ frsky and lately elrs variants.
I’m interested in outdoor stint flying with a view to some decent ish video.

Quick question… would the Delta X work with any elrs drones and radios?

Thanks

1 Like