Redbridge Wharf Park - Southampton - Added to Parks and Recreation in South East

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission requirements unknown.

This is a park on the seaward side of Redbridge Railway Station. Views of part of Southampton Docks, and also the River Test and the Redbridge Causeway, and towards the New Forest.

Follow directions to the station and park in the station car park (it is free!). Cross the bridge into the park.

TOAL location on the paths in the park. Remember to keep a reasonable distance from the railway.

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 20/02/2023. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

3 Likes

I’ve flown here too @robintw :grin:

1 Like

I’ve fancied that location myself previously… It’’s SCC managed so will no doubt be covered by their drone policy…

I might give it a go soon. :blush:

Never anyone there on weekdays, other than a few mums/prams/toddlers, when I’ve been there in the summer. Chances are even they aren’t around much atm.

Thanks for recommending this place, @robintw. I live in Totton, so I might give that a go when weather conditions permit.

Yeah, the weather wasn’t perfect yesterday - it was a bit breezy there, and I got a wind warning from my drone when I got up too high.

It’s generally fairly quiet there - I probably saw half a dozen people there yesterday. Some seemed to be taking telephoto photos of birds on the river, so I tried not to disturb them. Sometimes there are teenagers there drinking or smoking, but I’ve never had any problem with them (I used to go over there with my son after watching the trains at the station, when he was younger).

You’ll get used to that!! Welcome to the windy county. :joy:

I want to fly here @robintw, but there are no parking or take off and landing markers. Would you be able to add some to the map please?

Done @Guy617.

Parking is by the main station entrance. Take-off and landing could be pretty-much anywhere within the park - there are plenty of flat, solid paths etc.

Thanks for the reply. I know the place. I am new to the club . It seems my question was automated, not my idea.
:smile:

I wouldn’t be be flying there though as the night draws in. I was there one evening and a number of unsavoury characters appeared. There’s only one way in and out so a quick exit is a must should somebody take an interest you’re not comfortable with.

1 Like