Reflections - Manchester City Centre, UK

Reflections - Manchester City Centre

A rare sunny - if windy - Bank Holiday afforded us an opportunity to go and fly in central Manchester with the MINI3 Pro - meaning no issues with getting close to buildings and people…

We were in town before 9am, and spent 2 hrs wandering the streets, and capturing what we saw…

This edit is perhaps a little abstract in places, the music suggested the edit, and the reflections suggested the music, so…

There will be further videos from the footage captured that day, not sure how many yet, we shall see…

26 Likes

Fantastic !!
I think this is your best work by far, bloody brilliant.
Very Artistic with Lovely shots and put together like a pro.

Excellent !!

1 Like

Thanks, Aidan, much appreciate the watch, comment, and sentiments… I think I am improving with every video, especially when I try things out of my comfort zone…

I think there’s more to filming in City than roof top, you have a black canvas
and your tools are the shape,lines,light and shadows and of cause your imagination.
I love it and I find it very satisfying.

1 Like

Yup, I noticed most city flights are at ultra-high levels, I was in Manchester a few weeks ago for a meeting, and was on the 5th floor of one of the buildings we flew past - just off Quay St - and the view amazed me, it was then I knew I needed to fly the city at lower levels, and to play with the shapes, the reflections and the light…

I have got some high-level footage and pano’s, and will use them, but the reflections were the focus of this video, and I enjoyed playing with them, just wish the drone hadn’t been bouncing around in the uncertain winds quite so much…

it is a bit of a worry with the wind, I sometime fly the track first before I video to see what the conditions are like, but I do always fly with a small amount of zoom set. This give you a great effect flying through buildings and you don’t have to get to close and it gives you a great parallax effect.

1 Like

Ah, good idea… I usually use the zoom in PP to help bring things a little closer when needed…

As a relative newbie to drone photography (but a seasoned stills photographer), this is the first time I’ve felt the need to comment - I really liked this. Thanks.

1 Like

Hello Steve,

Thank you, that means a lot to me that you took the time to watch and to post… I also came from a photography background, had never touched a drone or RC model until 18 months ago, so just goes to show if I can do it, then anyone can :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s a great video👏

1 Like

Thank you… Just a shame it was soo bouncy with the wind, but I am happy with what was captured…

I love this video. The way the camera was watching the landscape, the way it swept across the straight lines of the buildings, the smooth gliding along the enormous glass facades, it was great. I was drawn to look inside, it woke up my curiosity. The music background was fitting.
Very artistic.

1 Like

Thank you Jaystep, glad it was appreciated… It is a subject I have long contemplated, just glad we had the opportunity to fly… I dont think it will be our last Manchester visit :wink:

Good. Manchester architecture is impressive (as you’ve just showed) and you can explore it, obviously.
My wife’s best friend lives there so we’ve been there a few times. Interesting.

1 Like

Excellent video! You had a very willing subject, but still, your edits make it fascinating. A piece of art.

Just a shame it shows how Manchester is so full of modern buildings (apart from the GNR warehouse). Not your fault, of course :smile:

1 Like

Thanks Adrian, it is a rapidly evolving city, but there are aspects of the Victorian architecture that are superb, and tbh the modern reflective glass adds something else to the mix, something I am happy to work with to create something unique…

1 Like