Registering in Luxembourg

I m flying to Italy and would like to fly my mini 2 once there, I currently have a UK operator license.
I get to understand that the easy way to get a operator license in the EU is on the Luxembourg drone website…as It is free.
I’m stuck on the ID verification. I been living in UK for the past 30 years…still having a Italian passport…but never used or been registered on the verification ID systems showing on the website…, how to go forward?
Thank you

I got certified on that site, and never needed to do any ID verification.

Was it this site?

https://learningzone.eurocontrol.int/ilp/pages/description.jsf#/users/@self/catalogues/8264768/courses/20790571/description

Same here, I just went on and completed the information.

On Monday this week, I used the Ireland Aviation Authority. I registered with their access portal called MySRS (had to download a 2FA app to my phone) and got the Proof of Online Training (€40) and UAS Registration ID Cert (€38) done within 48 hours. I initially tried the Luxembourg EASA route but found the registration process irrelevant and inaccessible for a UK resident. Out of curiosity, I did just register with the link provided above (but it’s an entirely different site to the Luxembourg site I first tried, and has no mention at all of EASA) I don’t have the inclination to spend two hours training just to ‘see what happens next’ once you pass. Re IAA, the relatively high €40 training fee does provide certification for the next 5 years. I am going to Ireland in two weeks and Cyprus three weeks later - hope to get some good shots and footage

It would have been less expensive to do it via the Cyprus CAA. :smile:

Yeah - on a positive, the IAA UAS Registration Cert is valid for two years, not one…retail therapy!!!

Via Cyprus CAA operator ID is valid for 3 years cost €15 and €15 training fee. Flyer ID also €15 and valid for 5 years. :smiley:

I feel robbed!!!:grin: But the main thing is getting registered​:+1:

2 Likes