Replace Gimbal Vibration Absorbing Board, MP1?

Well, it’s back together :slight_smile: Bit tense, I can’t believe I didn’t damage that ribbon cable. Unfortunately one of the body screws suffered a stripped head but I just managed to get it out with a small screw extractor. Got it all back together and it reported that Compass One was disconnected - the GPS plug had come adrift.

Getting the case back on a second time was a bit of a strain as well, worried about breaking it, but I’ve just seen they are less than £10 to buy! A full screw set is £17, so I will live without one of the screws under the battery for now. I don’t know is the new rubbers are that much better, after all that, but it was a good experience - I now feel if I had a crash it wouldn’t be the end of the drone :slight_smile:

Thanks for the tips,

3 Likes

Glad everything went OK-ish. :+1:

Indeed - as you can read in that other thread, the “problem” and reason my curiosity had me strip it down the first time wasn’t resolved by the new parts.

I know getting out one of my body screws was a pain … to the extent that the screwdriver cross was a mess. Luckily, the new vibration board came with some screws that, whilst not identical, were a perfect substitute.
I subsequently bought a pack of replacements for possible future use.
If you want just one, DM me your address and I’ll stick one in the post.

1 Like

Just returned to say the drone is flying well despite my interference.

Saw your very kind offer :slight_smile: PM sent

2 Likes