Reply to post issue on forum

Hi, I’m hoping someone can give us a helping hand on this one. It’s not drone related but forum related.

When replying to a person’s post in a thread, one that replies directly to the person’s post, once I have finished and press the reply button, my post is added at the end of the thread, with no direction towards the person it is intended for, even though I’ve clicked on the reply button on their post and not the end of the thread ‘general’ one. It’s driving me insane🤪.
The solution I’ve been using is, once it happens, copy the post I’ve replied with, click on the post I originally wanted to reply too, and paste my post, reply, and delete the original one! :joy:. That can be a bloody long work around.

Any help appreciated :+1:.

Accessing the forum via Android, Chrome on my phone.

Rubbish post

test

But you get this in your reply … unless it’s a reply to the the thread or the immediate previous post.

You can also highlight the salient part of the post you are replying to and click the “Quote” button …

This creates a direct link back to the thread that, when clicked on, takes you to that thread.

Clicking on the other marker …

… opens up the whole of the original post in-situ …

I think this might be the trick of it. I’ve found it irksome, also, as it’s not clearly indicated that your reply worked, so I generally just quote something from the post I’m replying to, to make sure.

One of the things I forgot to mention was, it mainly seems to be when I type a long reply and also have to go back and correct typos and what not not. Most of the time when replying with a short post it doesn’t.

So here’s a go at a long post…

Supercalafragalisticexpialidociuos.

Abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz…

The dog sat on the wall…

The cow jumped over the moon…

Love DJI for Eva… :crazy_face:

Right, I’ve run out of total boll@#ks to type. It’s probably not going do what I’ve explained, but here goes…

And again…

I knew it would do this…

I really am not taking the proverbial…

Cheers Jez @Earwig, I’m going to give your strategy a go, ta mate👍

Other than, there may be times you are wanting to reply to one post and quote something from another post.

:crazy_face:

Like I said above, I’ll try the quoting method from now on see if that renders my woes :joy:. Cheers Dave​:+1:

Clicking here will take you to the post you replied to and also tells anybody else reading who you’re replying to.

but another note if you are viewing on PC then your reply will also be directly below the post your are replying to but hiden behind a link that says x amount of replies clicking the link will then expand the series of replies to that post.